B3 floor boards

bergy

1953 B3 Ok, I have received new floor pan from dcm in Dearborn. Then  I also received from them a service manual which covers mostly B4 models- which When ordering was told that's all that was available and the mechanical content was the same or similiar. Anywho- I can't find a picture or diagram of the floorboard front area- between the floor pan and firewall.In some literature - I had reference to a toe board. Now my truck in this area is made up of a few pieces o metal (which surround the transmission cover plate-with some similarities to the design features of the floor pan.Is this correct or what kind of floor pan is correct for this area-is this a weld in- or bolt in section?  Thanks in advance

I'll do some checking - mint be able to help ?  DCM sounds familiar to me how do I reach them ? Mine is a bolt in ,  I'd call it a transmission cowl . Charlie Stephenson 5152767877

B-1......1948 1949

B-2.....1950

B-3..... 1951 1952

B-4......1953

The door jam (front hinge area) will show which B series it is. 

48D

Toe board itself should be a bolt -in as is the actual transmission cover. You'll need these to be in place to help locate the floor pans.  If you're not sure what the toe board is, it's the transition plate between the firewall and floor. goes the width of the cab and is about 10 inches wide.  Bolt it in.  Don't set it in loosely and expect accurate fitment of your floor pans if you do.  Do expect some tweaking on the pans.  It's common with replacement sheet metal. 

Let us know how it goes and how well they fit.  Some pics if you can, before and aft.

The floor piece has channel that slides over the existing floor (usually a felt or sound deadening material is used) this will complete the top side of the transmission hole...then the upper piece that attaches to the firewall....then the transmission plate for the shifter (if you have shifter)  Then a small piece that goes above the steering column. So technically four parts. The two main parts are full length. Not much of a floor board video...but you might see something here that helps...or maybe in the other videos I did.

48D

note: worse camera work ever on this vid...lol...it was a new phone and I was on a mean learning curve!

• Like 1

Those 2 long black pieces make up your toe board and just below is what you trans cover should look like.  these are for a B3D./  some slight differences in the boards between the earlier B! an 2's

292.JPG

16 hours ago, Dave72dt said:

Those 2 long black pieces make up your toe board and just below is what you trans cover should look like.  these are for a B3D./  some slight differences in the boards between the earlier B! an 2's

292.JPG

those parts look familiar! :D

I'll check mine out tomorrow.i think mine were split just above the trans cover- left and right. If not I can use my pieces to maybe create something usable.i did not see any toe boards like that for sale. Real nice