Rubber Door sills

pflaming

I will need a pair of rubber door sill runners, the ones that cover the rocker panels. I need a source for new runners for my suburban. TKS 

Edited by pflaming

Almost $600 for my 4 door car. NOT to kick my feet on. Not a restoration, that's when I started looking at rubber floor mat material, 1/8  1/4" thick, multiple patterns/designs. Selected one that was easy to clean. Cut to fit, adhesive still holding. (rubbercal.com) All people notice is a nice sill plate. Perfect for me. I'm also the one who added an aluminum trim piece with CHRYSLER engraved on it.

34 minutes ago, pflaming said:

So then what are the alternatives?

per the 53/54 models I have seen..there are no rubber strip that is the plate/threshold...it is a stamped aluminum cover

if you wish, goggle the images and see what you need

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

My 1953 suburban/ Savoy wagon has rubber step sills as from new.

even with this, I still think that upgrading to the aluminum would be better all the way around....even if you found NOS pieces, the very age of them as most know with rubber is less than supple, many have bought NOS floor mats only to have them crack all over the place once installed.  Good Luck

Plymouth Doctor has them for some Plymouths and Dodges.  The ones for my 47 Dodge coupe are $200 each and are the rubber only.  Suppose to glue them down.  When I buy mine I'm going to see if I can remove the old metal from the originals and glue the metal to the new rubber.

Edited by casper50