data plate stamping?

casper50

7 hours ago, casper50 said:

Thanks but I've seen his Chrysler tags and it's very different from mine. The other vendors offer this tag with the same appearance, I don't know if this is the later Chrysler tag.

Edited by chrysler1941
misspell

The previous post has pictures of what I received from Nostalgic Reflections. These plates are "Acid Etched" and good quality.  He stamped these for me at a fair price.  If I stamped it, it would look like a 5 year old did it!  LOL

I do need to pick one of your brains if I may....  Is a 1938 Plymouth Truck supposed to have a black or a red Body Number Plate?  Is there literature available that decodes these plates?  If anyone is willing to type out how to decode them, I would be very grateful. I totally winged it on the numbers used(the Plymouth Truck Plate is right, it's the red number plate that I am referring to).  If I am wrong, I will have to pay to get it right.  But then I have learned a lot in the past year!  The 1936-1938 trucks are very beautiful and I can very seldom find one that hasn't been Chebby'd!

Well in photos that is, but not in person, all the local trucks are butchered up badly....  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.     

25 minutes ago, chrysler1941 said:

Here are the pre-stamped tags as promised. Not the exact font, but they'll do.  

WP_20170204_11_40_18_Pro (002).jpg

Those look nice!  Love it!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, does anyone have a photo of what an original “Chrysler Corporation Serial Number Tag” should look like on a 1947 Plymouth (car).  The one I’m looking at is on the firewall, driver’s side.  It looks too simple to me to be an original one.  I’m wondering if someone perhaps made their own to display the serial number.  The vehicle has a “Body Tag” on the firewall, nearby the Serial # tag and another tag in driver’s side door jam, near the hinges.