Looking for parts

Chef Wayne

welcome to the forums.

Is your B1C a flatbed, or does it have a regular bed? Just curious. I also have a B1C that is a factory flatbed, it also has no rear bumper. While a B3B I have, was original a pickup box and has a rear bumper.

I plan to make my own bumper, but understand that is not a ideal solution for everyone.

Show some pics, we loves pics !!!

4 minutes ago, Chef Wayne said:

Not looking for a any specific parts.  More interested if anyone can help me locate junk yards / salvage yards that might have pilothouse trucks where I can pick some parts

stuff like that is allowed in the general area along with requests for which vendor might have xxx part. Outright parts requests need to be in the buy sell section. Make sure posts are worded as such so you don't get them locked or moved. 

I believe there is a yard in Turner CA? Hopefully someone can verify that. 

• Like 1

Rear bumpers are like hen's teeth. It was an option, which lead to most bumpers being home made or dealer made at the time. They are out there, but anyone who's been with these trucks for awhile, know to prize it. 

As far as part's go....May I suggest The Clements Tailgate BBQ??? It's in California and a great way to meet people from the forum and make contacts for the resto project.

48D

Scan_20170124 (2).jpg

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chef Wayne said:

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to convince my wife that Lodi would be a great place for a weekend getaway.  Only a 8 hour drive.

CW

Give me a call and I'll see if I can get you some "ammo" to convince her! That goes for all of yous guys! lol

Tim aka 48Dodger