Identify these rear lights?

Geekay

With my recently acquired 1956 Dodge Suburban van "army ambulance" came these lights.

Because the Dodge is an ambulance the exhaust pipe has been diverted out the drivers side and the original rear bumper removed and replaced with just a sort of nudge bar on each side (see photo). The lights do not fit the contour of these nudge bars but would fit okay under it on the actual body panel.

This allows closer access to the rear floor, for stretchers etc.

There are wires for tail/brake lights/indicators to either side at the rear, just not connected.

I do not know whether these light housing/lenses were on the ambulance at some stage or whether they are off a Dodge even.

On the glass lenses they have "Directional DT 6 G" but nothing else to tell me what they came off.

DSC_0072.JPG

cp5075786452040073605.jpg

Edited by Geekay
add information

Geekay.........do they have anything like........."SAE.." with 2 or 3 numbers after the SAE?..........also what are the taillight housing made of and do they have any letters, numbers, etc inside them?.........also how are they attached and do the bolts/holes have an Imperial/UNF/UNC thread?.........nice van BTW.........andyd 

Yep, DeSoto Dav has emailed me a photo of a 1948 Studebaker.

Oldguy48 - you get the prize.....free accommodation for you at my house for you any time you are down under. Just bring tools.:P

!cid_image001_png@01D2761B.png

• Like 1

If the body is custom coach built for that application, the body supplier probably sourced lights to fit the contour or some previous owner swap meet sliced the because they look like they might fit.  How are they set up for bulbs?  Are they both double filiment or are the set up with two bulbs as running lights and one that also accommodates brake and signal?