Can someone help me identify this head

Newbee

On 1/21/2017 at 10:54 AM, Bob Riding said:

Here is the setup on my 1940 Plymouth woodie wagon; It is a 23" block (217 ) motor, with a modified intake- a stock manifold modified by a Forum member (can't recall his name right at this moment :confused: ) and an additional dump on the exhaust. The 2" exhaust is split and then recombines into a single larger tailpipe. There was no room to run a second pipe with the way the gas tank was configured on the pre-war wagons.The 75 yr old owner of the muffler shop said that the larger single would breathe just fine, (they did it that way with V-8s, back in the 50's and 60s) and it does have much more power than my old stock single carb setup. With the oil-bath air cleaners, the problem is their too-large diameter. I found 2 Crosley units - cut the bottoms out of spare Plymouth air cleaners and welded them up to the Crosleys. Work great and are very similar to the old Dodge Pilothouse duals, I think.

Crosley air cleaners.pdf

Dual linkage.pdf

Looks a lot like George's work to me...

Finding air cleaners that fit our carburetor's is a challenge.  I am entertaining the idea of putting a K&N inside of the factory air cleaner.  I mildly modified a 1938 Cadillac 60 Special air cleaner and installed a K&N when I owned my restoration business.  There has to be a way to do this with our air cleaners.....   If and when I have some time to myself (Ha!  I have a toddler!), I will do a thread on this,  "if" I achieve any sort of success with the project.

• Like 1