Need a photo or two.

casper50

I think I have the pictures you need but they are on my desk top pc that's in the shop for a tune up. It should be back on Monday if you still need pics.

The large grommet on the drivers side has two cables through it. One goes to the starter solenoid, the other to the brake light switch. On my car there are also some loose wires that I think go to the directional lights, although they are not original to the car and were added by some previous owner. The top grommet on the drivers side has only the parking brake cable. The large grommet near the middle of the firewall has the speedometer cable temperature gauge tube, oil pressure tube, and throttle knob cable. The next grommet to the right has a vacuum line for the wipers.  Below the wiper vacuum hose is drain hose for the cowl vent.  My car also has a choke cable above the right hand grommet because my car is fitted with a Carter carb instead of the stock Stromberg.  I hope that thi helps. My car, like most has been worked on and added to over the years. There is no way that I can guarantee that these locations are factory correct, but it all seems to work.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 15.1.2017 at 11:19 PM, busycoupe said:

The large grommet on the drivers side has two cables through it. One goes to the starter solenoid, the other to the brake light switch. On my car there are also some loose wires that I think go to the directional lights, although they are not original to the car and were added by some previous owner. The top grommet on the drivers side has only the parking brake cable. The large grommet near the middle of the firewall has the speedometer cable temperature gauge tube, oil pressure tube, and throttle knob cable. The next grommet to the right has a vacuum line for the wipers.  Below the wiper vacuum hose is drain hose for the cowl vent.  My car also has a choke cable above the right hand grommet because my car is fitted with a Carter carb instead of the stock Stromberg.  I hope that thi helps. My car, like most has been worked on and added to over the years. There is no way that I can guarantee that these locations are factory correct, but it all seems to work.

image.jpg

image.jpg

What is actually the correct inside diameter for the tubing: 5/32 or 3/16? thanks