GTK, Forum upgrade 12-13-2016?

Sponsored By  

The official list: 

Key Changes

In addition to many small bug fixes, this release includes:

• Accounts flagged as spammers are now more visibly different on the member list in AdminCP
  • Added quite a few new embed providers
  • Default location for an AdminCP tab honors the admin's ordering
  • Staff notification emails for tickets in Commerce now include the ticket ID
  • Auto-saved content in the editor will now expire after 48 hours
  • If you load an editor that has previous auto-saved content you will now be prompted to keep or remove it
  • You can now set pre-filled reasons for Warning actions that will automatically populate the member notes editor when a moderator warns a user
  • Escape key will now cancel quick-edit on titles
  • Adds a setting to restrict member birthday view to admins only or to completely disable prompting for birthday to member
  • There are now more "save and reload" options in various places to keep your place when editing content or settings
  • New check all box when viewing activity on a member profile for easier moderation
  • You can now hide posts that are unapproved rather than just approve or delete
  • When a moderator changes the status of a report in the ModCP the system now puts a reply in moderator comments noting the change
  • When you see a "could not write file" error the file it was trying to write now shows in the error logs
  • You can now quickly edit tags when viewing an item without having to edit it if you have permission
  • If you are using multiple devices to login to a site you will be less likely to be logged out
  • Tags can now be quickly edited when viewing an item
  • Administrators can now create custom RSS feeds for various content
  • Enhancements to IP discovery tools for moderators
  • Actions for reports in ModCP now show when status is changed as a comment
  • Redesigned support tool
  • More REST API methods
  • Password strength rating and requirement option
  • Guest terms of service alert
  • Minimum age requirement
  • Ban Filters are now Word Filters and can set words to automatically moderate
  • Display name history is now available on profile view
  • Better analytics integration
  • Leaderboard
  • Like 2

Probably most interesting include the Leaderboard, from IPS: We are excited to announce the Leaderboard as the latest all new feature of IPS Community Suite. The new Leaderboard is designed to better highlight your most active members and content based on reputation and other metrics. The Leaderboard will greatly enhance both member and content discovery on your community. 

Also Tag Quick Edit: Tags are a powerful feature in IPS Community Suite 4 and we have seen clients using them in many ways to enhance content discovery on their site. Adding tags to an item is quite easy but modifying them after the fact requires you to edit the root content item. Not only is this tedious but it also then shows an edited-by line for that item even if all you did was change a tag. To make this process more user friendly we now have the ability to quickly edit tags when viewing any content item. When you view an item that has tags enabled and you have permission to edit then you will see a link to edit tags.

EmbedsIPS Community Suite allows for integrations with quite a few third party systems and also can embed content from external sites. We have added a whole new list of embed providers where you can just paste in a link to that site and a nice box will show up.

• Like 2

Earlier today I copied some stuff from another website and pasted in in a response. I did not like the way it appeared so I made an attempt to delete it. I was not allowed to do so. Either by deleting or back spacing. So I logged out and closed the browser. Did a disc cleanup and a power reset on my computer. Came back up, logged back in, and made an attempt to respond to the same thread. The stuff I did not like was still there. So I did a select all and delete. That worked. I have found that if I make a response to a thread and forget to hit the submit reply, go to another thread and attempt to make a reply the information I typed earlier appears in my response to the new thread I was responding to. I know this has happened to others as there responses are not relevant to the thread they are responding to.Are these problems fixed?