1939 dodge business coupe restoration down to the frame

garyp

I am down to the frame on my 39 Dodge business coupe and found the frame in excellent shape I have been wire wheeling, degreasing and everything else I can to get the frame to bare metal almost there tool all brackets, mounts and everything else that was bolted on and am cleaning priming and painting them to go back on after frame is primed and painted have rear and rear springs primed and painted also front suspension and all parts ready to go back on. I want the job to be as perfect as I can and if anyone has any tips I would be glad to hear them. The brake lines are new and I put new shoes on  the rear also cleaned and honed the wheel cylinders and they are working smoothly. I am wondering if the fuel line I currently have which is copper should go back on or be replaced? Will keep you posted as I go. 

Replace the brake lines and replace the brake hoses. Cheap insurance.

For a new brake line,but to your nearest NAPA or other reputable auto parts store and tell them you want the copper/nickel brake line you can bend with your hand without kinking it. IIRC,I paid $26 for a 25 foot long roll of it when I did the brakes on my 51. Unlike plain steel,it won't rust on the inside or the outside,and you won't have to worry about having brake lines that are deeply pitted inside where you can't see the pits.

• Like 2