Master cylinder bracket

Probey53

For my Cherokee mount I used a 3/8 " plate, put a hole in the center then butt welded two bolt stubs so I could bolt it to the housing. Then three holes threaded so I could bolt the Cherokee MC to that plate. The tricky part is the measuring for all the holes. I had it made by a machinist.  

• 1 month later...

Hello, what bore size master cylinder did you use? Are you running stock pedal assembly (I have to believe you are), and are you running front disc brakes with stock rear ?

I dont have any measurements anymore and not sure if the 54+ is any different. What I did was use the stock master cylinder and trace out the pattern on paper. Then put the Corvette unit on the pattern and matched up the bore center. I used 1/4" plate and threaded studs in for the MC. I did tack them from the back for added safety. I used a Cherokee proportioning valve setup for Disc/Drum and the 1 1/8 Corvette unit if I remember correctly. I have a thread over on the tech forum with pics.

Edited by 59bisquik

Hey  there pflaming

Very interested on your m/c swap,as I have a 1953 B3. Plan on still running  stock brakes. I've been trying to follow all your other post on the forum about the rebuilding of your truck the Phoenix. My neighbor has a 99Jeep Cherokee I called The Vin number in and it came out to be a 355 ratio. also after seeing your M – C swap I could use the same m/c  lik also after seeing your M – C swap I could use the same message cylinder to make this switch like you did e you did. What did you use for your front desk brake conversion .?So if I run the 650x 16 stock size  what do you think my top road speed will be with a four-speed ?thanks