'66 Sport Fury Convertible...What's it Worth?

JerseyHarold

I'm thinking about selling my '66 SF convertible and am trying to come up with a value for it. The car has been sitting (mostly in a garage) for a very long time. It has a 383 with automatic, power steering and manual brakes, factory red with a black vinyl interior, and a torn white top that I think is original. It hasn't run since the late 1990's but I had it cranking earlier this year. It's complete down to the fender skirts but needs total restoration. I have a new exhaust system and replacement rear bumper to go with the car. One section of floor pan (passenger's side rear)is rusted out. I have a clear NJ title in my name, so the buyer wouldn't have to jump through hoops getting paperwork for it.

What's a fair value for it?

Thanks,
Harold

Fury LF resized.JPG

Fury side resized.JPG

Fury 1.JPG

Sweet car!

Needs to be dusted some more and labeled as a barn find after 30 years! Add 25-50% more to the price.

Best of luck with your sale.

DJ

dusted means that you should ADD dust:lol:....this barn find ad stuff is getting out of control though as any given day there are more barn finds than their are barns left in America...good luck...big boat...sad part is the era of this car is on the upper fringe of the hey-day era many folks trying to relive while they still can....I have cruised a many miles in 66 Plymouths of which two were Furious models..

check craigslist for what is being offered for you location...bounce against condition and be realistic in your advertising...the saving grace here is the ragtop

sharing tin worms is not advisable ED, you may get some hybrid one in the mix and never be able to kill it...you just don't know if that 66 ragtop has been close to a ratted out chebbie in it's life time.....rust is a communicable disease .....is it really worth the risk....

Gimme your address and I'll hook up a trailer and get it out of your way...I know that you'd like to have more floor space for the really important projects........From the pics I'd guess that it is a $6k car; a good auction, or Carlisle, could bring more.