10TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ Clements, Ca.

48Dodger

18 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

same flights as me or?

no, were flying out wednesday and will spend a couple days around sacremento checking out the sights.

18 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

do you know where your staying yet? we are in the Holiday inn express in Lodi, if  anyone else planning on staying there, please keep it down!  we are old and need our rest!! :D 

tim mentioned that. i looked into it and the motel 6 was significantly cheaper and only a few blocks away so they won

Hmmmmm....  I likey!  I am going to try to see if I can travel up to Murphys and help a friend with his 1938 Humpback, and then travel to the show!  Sounds fun!

• Like 1

On 1/27/2017 at 8:07 AM, countrytravler said:

Our row of 34s

11212132_10204459162501595_1632064400682809532_o.jpg

What have you been up to sent I last visited you?  Did you get the Chrysler back on the road that was on your lift?  Did Dave ever come back to buy some parts from you?  I am going to try to make it to this show.  When I bump into you I can harrass you about GM stuff....  LOL  And I also may be asking you about some transmission parts.  

Edited by classiccarjack

On 1/8/2017 at 11:57 PM, countrytravler said:

FLYER!!!!!!!

_DSC0013.jpg

Interesting machine!  What a way to represent Poly's! 

12 hours ago, classiccarjack said:

Interesting machine!  What a way to represent Poly's! 

Not a Polly, That is a GMC V12 from the 60s as shown in the video.

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/a-look-back-at-the-702ci-gmc-twin-six-v12-engine/

GMC-v12ad.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, countrytravler said:

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/a-look-back-at-the-702ci-gmc-twin-six-v12-engine/

GMC-v12ad.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

13495059_1213007765389508_6362924498723059159_n.jpg

• Like 1

Wow that is a lot of engine for that little hotrod! My neighbor has(had) an early 60s GMC firetruck with one of those in it. He bought the front half of another truck just to get a spare engine. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, countrytravler said:

GMC-v12ad.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

Thanks for the GM schooling.  At a quick glance it resembles 2 Poly engines inline.  I have never seen one of these before!  Wow!  Something new to learn about, I love this hobby!

The most common use for these monsters was irrigation pumps where that would run them at about 2350 rpm for 5-6 months at a time,shut them down long enough to change oil,oil filter and plugs, typically would run like this for 6-8000 hours before the first overhaul,They were also used in BIG trucks and fire trucks.With a few parts from Thunder v-12, they can be turned to about 5000 rpm, and make about 750 ft.lbs of torque and about 450 hp.: eek

ATT00001.jpg

ATT00002.jpg

ATT00004.jpg

• Like 2

Seriously.....That's a new one on me....I would have sworn at a distance it was two V8's tacted together....Awesome pictures Dave. Gonna have to find one and see it in person! Lol

48D

• Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 5:21 AM, countrytravler said:

The most common use for these monsters was irrigation pumps where that would run them at about 2350 rpm for 5-6 months at a time,shut them down long enough to change oil,oil filter and plugs, typically would run like this for 6-8000 hours before the first overhaul,They were also used in BIG trucks and fire trucks.With a few parts from Thunder v-12, they can be turned to about 5000 rpm, and make about 750 ft.lbs of torque and about 450 hp.: eek

ATT00001.jpg

ATT00002.jpg

ATT00004.jpg

Schooled again...  Love it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Big wind storm hitting central valley tonight.....40 mph winds/rain with 65 mph gusts, its gonna be a bad one..... 

Been trying to keep up with the damage...roof, power, cattle fencing, rear shop door, parts from the parts trucks getting air borne....lots of fun....!!!  Friday's"BBQ Clean up day" will be tougher than usual this year. I just want to thank everyone in advance who plans on helping out....it will be much, much appreciated!

Hope everyone is safe in their part of the world, hope your families are safe and hope your trucks and/or car weather the weather. :)

Tim aka 48Dodger 

33 minutes ago, 48dodger said:

Big wind storm hitting central valley tonight.....40 mph winds/rain with 65 mph gusts, its gonna be a bad one..... 

Been trying to keep up with the damage...roof, power, cattle fencing, rear shop door, parts from the parts trucks getting air borne....lots of fun....!!!  Friday's"BBQ Clean up day" will be tougher than usual this year. I just want to thank everyone in advance who plans on helping out....it will be much, much appreciated!

Hope everyone is safe in their part of the world, hope your families are safe and hope your trucks and/or car weather the weather. :)

Tim aka 48Dodger 

We are having the same problem here.

crap 48D you have had a tough year! I'll go buy some new gloves for the work day ;)

not dealing with the same weather as most but, it has rained about 9.5" in the last 20days...... looking forward to drying out April 1st.

unrelated, but last month when I came home from work, Julie had covered the "flatbed" to keep the weather off it for me  :D

Edited by Brent B3B
photo removed
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brent B3B said:

crap 48D you have had tough year! I'll go buy some new gloves for the work day ;)

not dealing with the same weather as most but, it has rained about 9.5" in the last 20days...... looking forward to drying out April 1st.

unrelated, but last month when I came home from work, Julie had covered the "flatbed" to keep the weather off it for me  :D

covered.JPG

Tropical storm Julie?

:D

• Like 5

Ok.....survived the storm. It wasn't as bad as they thought, but less than 2 hours away 14,000 people are being evacuated due to flooding. 

The main reason is the heavy snow melt.....the first rains came with low temps....the later rains have come with high temps....so the snow that has been melted with the latest heavy rains, is punishing those at the bottom of the "hill".  I hope forum members who live that way are doing well.

I'm going to begin a very focused clean up for the BBQ today until April 1st .....anyone who wishes to stop by, has time, wants to help, give me a call and I'll take you up on it...lol. Its just work....not flood recovery....I want the place to look nice for all to enjoy!  I betting it will be the greenist BBQ yet!!!

48D

Edited by 48dodger

well we have been having 60° days here in MN for almost 4 days straight now and had rain on Monday that would have equated to FEET of snow...weather this year so far has been interesting.  If not for the muddy driveway I would have taken FEF out for a RARE February drive!

Glad you came thru it ok brother!

• Like 1

There is a strong possiblity that three or four of us from Victorville, Bakersfield, and Fresno may be driving together from Fresno north. We would invite anyone to join. Contact me if you have interest. We do not know yet if on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning early. 

• Like 3

It now is official. Don Jordon, 47ish Plymouth coupe, from the high desert, east of Bakersfield, John Riding, 46 Plymouth Woody, and myself with either my truck or my suburban are committed. We will hook up in Fresno, Friday afternoon at 2:00 p.m, then travel to Tims via Jack Tone Road. There are a couple more that may join us. Then we will overnight in Gold Couintry on Saturday night and find our way home on Sunday.

JOIN US. 

pflaming 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

Locked and loaded!

your such a tease! one month away how many will be left? LOL, I would hate to see GGDAD in a bad mood around your truck :)  

What to do this weekend?????

• Get your vacation request slip confirmed!!

• Check the trailer bearings, lights and registration

• Get the bugs out of the truck/car brakes 

• Fix the blinkers

• Double check Google maps on how to get to the BBQ!!!!!

• Get the plane tickets boughten 

• Pick your team for the March Madness

• Get the dialog going on a caravan

• Finally slap in that third member in your 52 and drive it all the way from Torrance with an Ozzie!

• Put out the fires

• Take time to make friends with the cops on your planned route

• Dust off the speedometer and practice your Fluid-Drive skills

• Check your truck bed for any Chevy or Ford guys trying to sneak in 

• And bring extra batteries for the camera!

ITS JUST 3 1/2 WEEK AWAY!!!! :lol:

48D

• Like 3