10TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ Clements, Ca.

48Dodger

1 hour ago, ggdad1951 said:

sadly with the new job this year I won't be there as long as previous years :(  but I'll be there to help on Friday.

Sad to hear Mark. Hank and I are traveling up in his convertible Nissan. I'm not sure when we will arrive yet as I am yet to book the flight to LAX.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:22 AM, ggdad1951 said:

hey that's not the right picture! :P

I hear ya man....but not one of those super awesome, fantastic, killer trucks has been to "The Show"..ie the BBQ (which could be thought of as an anti-show of sorts I guess).

So I decided to "flyer up" two trucks that have been at every single Tailgate since it started! ( I think Jerry Roberts could be included in that statement too)

But as a TENTH ANNUAL deal sort of thing....I will re-make the flyer with 10 different trucks....it'll be a surprise as whether or not they have made the show before.

sound good?? :D

48D  

Pictured below is the amazing photo of "The Four Truck-men of MNN" Mark is referring to......  

2015-06-19_18_22_29.jpg.6b12232aaad7d31812ba0761f2fa2761.jpg

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, 48dodger said:

I hear ya man....but not one of those super awesome, fantastic, killer trucks has been to "The Show"..ie the BBQ (which could be thought of as an anti-show of sorts I guess).

So I decided to "flyer up" two trucks that have been at every single Tailgate since it started! ( I think Jerry Roberts could be included in that statement too)

But as a TENTH ANNUAL deal sort of thing....I will re-make the flyer with 10 different trucks....it'll be a surprise as whether or not they have made the show before.

48D  

Pictured below is the amazing photo of "The Four Truck-men of MNN" Mark is referring to......  

Half of those are from Marks favorite state and the other two are actually from MN.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, 48dodger said:

48D  

you keep it going long enough, you never know once PUMA is done...

• Like 2

Things I've said about the BBQ to friends of mine online......  

"If you like a good group of truck folks who know their stuff...come on down....lot of good ol rusted fenders to lean on while admiring the ones that shine. No registration, just bring a positive attitude and maybe a vintage car or truck. Yeah, there will be a lot of Mopar, but you can still get in with a "what'ca callit" and a "forget whatitis"...lol. The whole deal is fueled by donations and laughter....no venders or sponsors....plus we hand out free burgers while they last...how the heck can you lose? 1f603.png"

"I understand the distance thing! But I do want to acknowledge some names for the effort they put in to make the trip out this way: Davin from Australia (his second time) Mark from Minnesota (4th straight year) Merle and his wife from Wisconsin (will be his 3rd, his wife's 2nd one) Brent and his wife from Oregon (3rd straight BBQ) and so many others who have traveled in the past over many miles to be here! Jeremiah who drove from Minnesota, Kev from Washington, Gary who drove his 47 dodge truck from Spokane Washington (1200 miles), the many who stopped by after missing the BBQ to visit and wish they had made it, Don from Tennessee, Billy from Georgia , Bud and his wife from Washington (They made a BBQ too), and so many who have come via the Bay Area and Los Angeles to be close to so many old Dodges and say hello to people who know exactly how they feel!...lol. And lastly, I got a phone call just a few days ago from a guy whose nephew wants to go, but his wife hates to fly, so they're taking a 3 day train ride to make it all the way from Chicago.....WOW...I'll be sure to make their burgers big and with extra whatever they want!"

Already cleaning the place up......can't wait to see y'all !!!

Tim aka 48Dodger

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:00 AM, 48dodger said:

Sigh.....it was expensive....but compared to the losses people are experiencing around here and through other parts of the country, I'll consider myself lucky.

48D

IMG_20170109_091354109.jpg

You know with all that grass around there, why do rabbits chose to chew on conduit? Same thing happened with Kat's Rover when parked in the neighborhood - they went for the wires under the hood...I mean, seriously, WTF!!??

Put that new XFMR up on a concrete housekeeping pad which will seal around the pipe coming up and keep it up out of the water. We can do this on March 31, lol!

• Like 1

Looky what I found from the 5th Tailgate BBQ thread........ 

"Posted April 8, 2012 

What a great turn-out Tim. Good on ya for getting the gang together. Pity for all that water between me and you otherwise you could count me in for the annual event. Well done!

Desotodav"

Dav from OZ will be attending his second BBQ...2014 and 2017.

....Can't say enough about the guys who drive the miles and take to the air.....you guys ROCK!

48D

Edited by 48dodger

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:22 PM, John-T-53 said:

You know with all that grass around there, why do rabbits chose to chew on conduit? Same thing happened with Kat's Rover when parked in the neighborhood - they went for the wires under the hood...I mean, seriously, WTF!!??

Put that new XFMR up on a concrete housekeeping pad which will seal around the pipe coming up and keep it up out of the water. We can do this on March 31, lol!

Dude! I can't tell you how bad it was 2 years ago...maybe 400 rabbits (cottontails) roamed my ranch/yard....didn't matter if I sicked the my Hawk on them....still to many for her to eat.

THEN, I got my chau-terrier mix doggies.....BAM! No more rabbits!!! Seriously........Peka and Hemi tamed the population down to very few sighting. They don't mess around and get right up in the tightest spots. It's amazing how effective they are.

48D

IMG_4450.JPG

Edited by 48dodger

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:07 AM, countrytravler said:

Our row of 34s

11212132_10204459162501595_1632064400682809532_o.jpg

Wow Dave.....I never get over how cool those trucks are.....I've seen them in person.....somehow, we're gonna get all you truck over here for the party....they need to be seen by the right people!!! :D

48D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 48dodger said:

Dude! I can't tell you how bad it was 2 years ago...maybe 400 rabbits (cottontails) roamed my ranch/yard....didn't matter if I sicked the my Hawk on them....still to many for her to eat.

THEN, I got my chau-terrier mix doggies.....BAM! No more rabbits!!! Seriously........Peka and Hemi tamed the population down to very few sighting. They don't mess around and get right up in the tightest spots. It's amazing how effective they are.

48D

IMG_4450.JPG

And they look so sweet. :) I got a little mutt last year that has been equally effective keeping people and other dogs away. Guess that is what I get taking him off death row. Hasn't done a thing about the moles though....but he is quite the digger. Got to love those little guy's.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ram Man 02 said:

Plane tickets are purchased. Im looking forward to the trip!

do you know where your staying yet? we are in the Holiday inn express in Lodi, if  anyone else planning on staying there, please keep it down!  we are old and need our rest!! :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brent B3B said:

do you know where your staying yet? we are in the Holiday inn express in Lodi, if  anyone else planning on staying there, please keep it down!  we are old and need our rest!! :D 

We'll be there too. Should get into town Friday afternoon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merle Coggins said:

We'll be there too. Should get into town Friday afternoon.

I hear Tim has some rabbit warrens you could bunk in!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brent B3B said:

10487176_10203566508745809_5098968432014145834_n.jpg

• Like 2