10TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ Clements, Ca.

48Dodger

I have it marked on the calendar! Hope to bring two MOPAR vehicles this year.

My aunt is driving out here in February from MN and will request her to bring a case of Premium for the event (probably will be consumed the day before tho)  :-)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

I have it marked on the calendar! Hope to bring two MOPAR vehicles this year.

My aunt is driving out here in February from MN and will request her to bring a case of Premium for the event (probably will be consumed the day before tho)  :-)

hey have her bring 2 cases and I'll pay you for one.  easier then mailing it like last year!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Desotodav said:

I got it marked on my calendar too. Just waiting for word back from Hank & I'll book my flight. Will be good to catch up with my forum brothers again.

if you need someone to pick you up at the Sacramento air port.... we will be driving down that way for the "work day" 3-31-17 

we can give you a lift to the "Q"...... :) 

is your wife coming? (we need to persuade her to let you do more "builds" :D

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

if you need someone to pick you up at the Sacramento air port.... we will be driving down that way for the "work day" 3-31-17 

we can give you a lift to the "Q"...... :) 

is your wife coming? (we need to persuade her to let you do more "builds" :D

Thanks for the offer Brent, but I'll be landing at LAX and spending some time with Hank and Blanca. It's entertaining hanging out with Hank. I remember the last time I was there in 2014 and we were cruising the streets in Hank's truck until the distributor played up... and then we nearly got into a punch up with the tow truck driver after they sent the wrong type of truck. I hope to catch up with RodFru whilst in that part of town as well. Maybe even a trip out to see Jeff again before he moves out to where life is slower?

Wifey won't be with me - she's on vacation with our Daughter in New Zealand at present. Work gets busy for me around this time of year so I tend not to take leave, and the overtime which I work (around 28 hours per month at present) is what funds my truck builds! I look forward to seeing you there brother.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, pflaming said:

What kind of vehicle will that be? Are you going to put weights in the front wheels to hold them on the pavement? Could be quite a mountain driving vehicle. (Mary Jane Runner? LOL )

Has the rare 702 Cubic in GMC V12 with a quick change rear. Do not have a clue what kind of truck. Saw it on the internet while looking for this engine for a customer.

17 hours ago, Don Jordan said:

two questions:  where the hell is Clements?  and can an old car crash the party?

1. The town of Clements or the farm/land the event is held at with a mailing address of Clements? Event is someplace about here if I remember properly.

2. Been known to happen in the past.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Don Jordan said:

two questions:  where the hell is Clements?  and can an old car crash the party?

Hey Don, You are MORE than welcome to come crash the party! There have been many a car at the event.

My ranch has a LODI, CA address and if you put it into google maps, you will find it. The info is on the flyer I'm working on and is on the last 9 other flyers I've done...lol.

We're 12 miles or so east of Lodi and right next to Clements......so no one really identifies with Lodi out here, though the county has given us Lodi addresses......what are you gonna do? :D

48D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 48dodger said:

Hey Don, You are MORE than welcome to come crash the party! There have been many a car at the event.

My ranch has a LODI, CA address and if you put it into google maps, you will find it. The info is on the flyer I'm working on and is on the last 9 other flyers I've done...lol.

We're 12 miles or so east of Lodi and right next to Clements......so no one really identifies with Lodi out here, though the county has given us Lodi addresses......what are you gonna do? :D

48D

so left of the armpit of CA?

• Like 1

Don't want to get stuck in Lodi Again!! ;)

DJ

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Don Jordan said:

Saw the flyer - marked my calendar.  It's within my range :) 

I'd be happy to caravan with anyone down south.

That is last years. It's on April 1, 2017.

58654e4a46271_2016-03-2207_22_38-9THANNUALCLEMENTSTAILGATEBBQClementsCa.-Page9-MoparFlatheadTruckF.jpg.f96279b83e04175723b99a0d35c42e1c_LI (2).jpg

10487176_10203566508745809_5098968432014145834_n.jpg

FB_IMG_1483684181772.jpg

• Like 1

Lot of storm damage out my way......I have my own layout for electricity....keeping PGE at the road.

Lost one of my transformers due to rabbits and water. Been without power for more than a week waiting for the new transformer.

We've been getting by on a 7000 kw Genny and battery boosters (when we shut the gen down for the night).

Feels like camping.....awww country living.

It was a mean storm and left a lot of Oak trees dead in its wake.....kinda sad really.

Its affected my ability to get ready for the BBQ, but lately things are kicking back in.

I apologize for the late flyer, I'll have it ready by tomorrow!!!

Tim aka 48Dodger

Photos: The back-up genny plugged into the shop, back fed into the house.....worked like a champ.      

IMG_20170109_083930097.jpg

IMG_20170109_083904870.jpg

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 1

Pulling wire...repairing wire....finding the rabbit that shredded my wires, I'm sure during the drought (he was roughly 10 feet down).....he chewed through the seal on the conduit letting water get in from the flooding.....zap! No more rabbit, no more transformer. It was a 20 year old transformer....sure it had another 20 to go.

48D

photo: out with the old, in with the new.....

IMG_20170106_123107092.jpg

IMG_20170112_163855836_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Sigh.....it was expensive....but compared to the losses people are experiencing around here and through other parts of the country, I'll consider myself lucky.

48D

IMG_20170109_091354109.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

"Waskly Wabbit" :) sweet, one less rabbit hole Mark and I will have to fill this year  :D  

sadly with the new job this year I won't be there as long as previous years :(  but I'll be there to help on Friday.

• Like 1