10TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ Clements, Ca.

48Dodger

On 4/9/2017 at 0:37 PM, Desotodav said:

C'mon GK... I haven't been arrested in CA (yet)!.

Ha, I bet you had that special ID Badge (Freddy) with you just in case....:D

MAN!.....What an incredible weekend. I can't believe its over.

I took a week off to rest my bones, its quite the job to get that place of mine ready for the amazing people who stop in

to check out the trucks and the like. I was given a cool gift and carried it in my truck all week long, lol.

Seem like most of the pictures taken were when people started to leave.....so many to talk with!!!!

I'm working on a better write-up to thank everyone properly, but just had to say how much I appreciated everyone being there.....just makes me smile.

I'll collect the pictures that have been sent to me via email, text, raven.....get them together and post them right here!

48D 

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 4

Thanks Tim, Steph and all the family for letting us invade the farm again  this year! WOW #10!!!

Again, a GREAT JOB by you guys. I hope to hear some engine noise from my 52/53 by next BBQ!! Also, a BIG THANKS for the temporary parking spot for 'Ol Red...it helps immensely ! Now I just have to keep my wife's car outta the garage space I made!!! Got pics to post as well....soon!!

Edited by Bluzhog53
  • Like 2

Hi All....took a bit but here are my pics from the BBQ...good to see y'all  enjoy!!

Please let me know if the link works for you....Thanks!

Kevin

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/Kstop57/embed/slideshow/10th%20Annual%20Clements%20BBQ"></iframe>

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Bluzhog53 said:

Hi All....took a bit but here are my pics from the BBQ...good to see y'all  enjoy!!

Please let me know if the link works for you....Thanks!

Kevin

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/Kstop57/embed/slideshow/10th%20Annual%20Clements%20BBQ"></iframe>

Hey,  George Brothers Dodge !   Who owns the red truck with that company sign on the door?  There was a Dealership here in Grass Valley from the 20's through the 60's by that name.  Does it say Grass Valley on it ?

George Brothers Dodge.jpg

Edited by Reg Evans

For the 2nd consecutive year, no pictures of the ladies' auxiliary!!! I was going to take the picture but since appreciation of the finer sex seems to be politically incorrect these days I restrained myself!  HOWEVER, since Tim now has his own Melania, next year the picture is a must do!  So fellows, bring your significant others for the inaugural picture! 

1 hour ago, countrytravler said:

Was there a car-truck with a flat head that had add-on air?

caught my eye also! although I'll never need it! LOL.... it was the red above ^^^^^^^^^^truck

58f24e7a5ed53_ac(2).jpg.5a6b84cacc3d5dc9ea0711662620ff1e.jpg58f24e80b7ccf_ac(1).jpg.3a5b33b6df7002e0279e4b39ac08ca6f.jpg

1 hour ago, Reg Evans said:

Hey,  George Brothers Dodge !   Who owns the red truck with that company sign on the door?  There was a Dealership here in Grass Valley from the 20's through the 60's by that name.  Does it say Grass Valley on it ?

not sure but I saw a ladder rack with "Grass valley" on it :D

58f24fb2b8e81_tomsb.jpg.b046f3d9b6457d8e8c3b25d149c197c5.jpg

Hey Reg.....The red one is Jim M's from Grass Valley area....The green one Tom's from Santa Cruz....He left the rack here and ill probably use it on a future truck.

48D

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2017 at 8:09 AM, Reg Evans said:

Yup!

GeorgeBrothers.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/15/2017 at 9:07 AM, pflaming said:

For the 2nd consecutive year, no pictures of the ladies' auxiliary!!! I was going to take the picture but since appreciation of the finer sex seems to be politically incorrect these days I restrained myself!  HOWEVER, since Tim now has his own Melania, next year the picture is a must do!  So fellows, bring your significant others for the inaugural picture! 

No worries, I got a shot of that.

LadiesAuxillary.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/6/2017 at 9:58 AM, John-T-53 said:

That move was called the "fuel pump shuffle" LOL

I'm doing the same dance now finally ...

Rebuilt the carburetor for the third time. Replaced ALL the rubber hoses - left the hard lines. Re-routed the hoses so the clutch no longer smashed them. Re-sealed and soldered the tank. Painted that dog green. Replaced the fuel sending unit (twice) and it still doesn't work so put back in the old one. Added a 6volt in-line fuel pump. Fixed in-line air leaks. Ignored the mechanical pump.

Drove it around this weekend (video from last week) for a couple hours and nothing leaked, burned, loosened, rattled, burned or other-wise moved out of specification. Very happy camper right now.

Edited by TrampSteer
Cuz I wanted to.
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, TrampSteer said:

Yup!

GeorgeBrothers.jpg

Oh cool !  Who owns this truck ? Oh wait, I just saw Tim's post.

I had that rack made for The Gray Mare and used it for many years....very sturdy.

Edited by Reg Evans
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, TrampSteer said:

No worries, I got a shot of that.

LadiesAuxillary.jpg

This is getting into the gray area of content which might be interpreted as "inappropriate" by some viewers on this forum.

where are the censors? HAHA

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

This is getting into the gray area of content which might be interpreted as "inappropriate" by some viewers on this forum.

No, no, no, no.....Brendt was holding me back...the Chevy guys were stealing my brownies!

48D 

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:24 PM, pflaming said:

a Tim, what is the M in Jims M? 

Jim and Lavonne Mullin.

Jim sez he'll send some more pics of his AC set-up so I can share it with everyone. He also said that a local old school sign artist did his doors, scuffed them up too, to match the rest of the truck. Jim called the George Brothers family to see if it was ok to paint a GB Dodge sign on his old truck...they were happy to hear about it and gave him the "OK".

48D 

21 hours ago, Reg Evans said:

Oh cool !  Who owns this truck ? Oh wait, I just saw Tim's post.

I had that rack made for The Gray Mare and used it for many years....very sturdy.

I can tell its a good design....I'll post some pics of the plates on the leg bases.

48D 

10 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

You rang?  Lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 48Dodger said:

I don't think I ever met the Gray Mare......whats the story behind that truck???

48D

Well, I bought the Gray Mare here locally in around 1991 from an older man that had owned it for many years.  It was sitting in his back yard for years and was visible from the road where I drove almost daily.  I stopped in one day and asked if he would sell and he said yes so I asked if $500 would buy it and he said yes again. He said it would run and drive so I brought some gas and a battery and got it running. My brother and I were amazed at how it drove up out of the ruts in the dirt it had created from sitting for so long. My brother followed me home for the 5 mile trip and it never skipped a beat. 

It was equipped with fluid drive but I had not heard about fluid drives before and thought there must be something very wrong with the trans. :D  I used it occasionally in my construction business and even drove it to Reno over the summit a few times to visit Lisa.  I had to buy chains in Truckee on one trip and drove home in the dark during a snow storm. The heater was warm and the lights were bright !  I really liked that fluid drive but ended up selling it to a man and his daughter from Colorado around 1999.  I miss that one.

• Like 4