10TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ Clements, Ca.

48Dodger

One of my favorite time is the "work day" and  hanging out, solving the worlds problems with you guys. 

Today my problem was truck won't start! Fuel related..... We are Thinking fuel pump. The bouncing drive on the way down may have had something to do with it? Little frustrating but I brought a come-a-long "just in case" ;) 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, DJ194950 said:

Tim,

I hope all is OK to bring the New owner (not me) of Marty Bose's 47 Bus. Cpe. just sold to my friend -to the BBQ to meet the Mopar truck crew? :)

Just a couple of hours to spend though as he does tax work and is very busy!

Marty has been fantastic as the (selling) owner as there was a carb. dripping fuel after the drive home (about a hour freeway drive home). He drove that hour to my house this morning and did carb. work to fix the problem!!!! Thanks Marty!!! Too nice! :D:D

Marty was also invited by my friend to come to the BBQ also.

Marty will be there if family commitments allow at last contact we had today,

Hope to see him there, one hella of a person!

DJ

Marty is a first rate guy and hope he does make it....look forward to meeting up with you too my friend as its been a few BBQ's since last we talked!

48D

Edited by 48Dodger

Lots of people in the house!!!!

Christine's parents from Germany stopped in to grab a few parts. She lives in Germany too and has visited me a few times for parts and we've become good friends.....she didn't fly over this time, so I had the pleasure meeting them. They had hoped to be there same time as the BBQ but made the best of it by checking the cool trucks I have...lol.

Jerimiah and his girlfriend are here from Minnesota, just in time for the fire pit...2nd time for Jerimiah, first for her...hope it makes a good impression!...:D

The 5 Guys Hamburger run Thursday night.....!!!

48D    

IMG_20170328_091439260.jpg

IMG_20170331_230347312.jpg

IMG_20170330_201943226.jpg

• Like 2

We made it to Lodi and just checked into the Econo Lodge off of Cherokee.  I will set the alarm and get up to get things ready and my family ready.  

We will see you in a matter of hours.  

• Like 1

After the kids finish up with breakfast, we will be trying to find the rondevu location to caravan up.

I cannot reach Paul.  Where are people meeting up for the Caravan?  We will be looking for a grocery store.  If we cannot figure this out, we will come out after we load up the cooler.

16 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

Marty is a first guy and hope he does make it....look forward to meeting up with you too my friend as its been a few BBQ's since last we talked!

48D

well, sorry for all of us here but my bad back and hip have been giving me hell so I bowed out and then my overworked friend (the tax preparer-accountant) said he was not going if I did not or least if he could not meet up with Marty Bose who it seems is having sellers remorse (I guess it is like buyers remorse) so he decided he was not up for the BBQ-- so we all missed out of what I am sure is a great gathering.:(

My friend has however already started looking at this forum and is totally loving the car so I expect a new forum member will soon be on board! ;)

Planning for next years BBQ if things get better! :)

Hope you'all have a beyond great get-together!!

DJ

Edited by DJ194950

We had an excellent time!  I hope that more BBQ's come for years to come!  Thank you Tim, you're one heck of a guy! :D

• Like 1

I hope all you guys had fun... I sure missed out!:(

But I did get my "Wish You Were Here Award"  

Thanks a million Tim and all the rest of you guys!

Next year for sure!

Wishg You Were Here Award Pilot House Crew April 1 2017L.JPG

• Like 7

WOW, What a great day> Tim, Stephanie and family you are the best. Lots of hark work and it was much appreciated by myself and I'm sure by all others that attended. I was able to meet several new folks and several that I have met in the past. All sharing stories , memories and experiences that we all enjoy. Tim, what is the date for next year???? I want to make sure that its gets on my calendar...  Thanks again, Bruce Dodge

• Like 3

Hopefully my toddler will be more manageable next year.  My wife and I wanted to mingle more...

Looks like my son Diego made a new friend, I believe his name was Jack.  I am not sure who Jack's parents are, but thank you for allowing Diego play with him.  

Tomorrow is Big Trees day with the family.  I missed Reg Evans and I am wondering if I could maybe meet him on Monday.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 11:02 PM, Brent B3B said:

One of my favorite time is the "work day" and  hanging out, solving the worlds problems with you guys. 

Today my problem was truck won't start! Fuel related..... We are Thinking fuel pump. The bouncing drive on the way down may have had something to do with it? Little frustrating but I brought a come-a-long "just in case" ;) 

I heard it running a couple of times. For those of you who missed it, here is the glorious event caught on film.

How ToFixTrucksAtBBQs.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TrampSteer said:

I heard it running a couple of times. For those of you who missed it, here is the glorious event caught on film.

How ToFixTrucksAtBBQs.jpg

20170401_145922.jpg

Edited by countrytravler
  • Like 3

Don Jordon and Mike dropped me off in Selma where my wife piced me up. We followed Bob Riding to Sonora overnighted these the drove home via Mariposa. My pics are in my camera so need to upload them in my computer.. I'm in my laptop now. Another FANTASTIC weekend.  Thanks Tim and family.

Great time as usual!  Good to see friends and trucks again.  Sadly an accident, not us, on the road caused me to miss my original flight...gonna be a long night!  Thanks again Tim and Stephanie!   

Meanwhile here's a picture of an Aussie enjoying a lollie-water...

20170401_160400.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 59bisquik said:

I wish I could of made it! This morning I saw a green B series flatbed on a trailer going north through Dunnigan. Was that anyone from the BBQ?

That was Brent!

4 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

... Meanwhile here's a picture of an Aussie enjoying a lollie- water...

You set me up good there Mark. It was actually quite refreshing after spending quite some time out there in the sun watching the experts tinker with Brendt's (actually Julie's) truck.

Two thumbs up to the many hard working people involved in making this event happen. Tim & Steph... you rock!!!

• Like 3