10TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ Clements, Ca.

48Dodger

3 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

... 8. shake an aussie's hand ...

I got you covered for #8 Brent as I arrived in CA early this morning after an almost 14hr flight.

Best news just confirmed is that I'll be heading to the BBQ with both Hank & Rod. We arranged a hire car just before a should arrive at the BBQ around 10am Saturday.... see you all then.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Desotodav said:

I got you covered for #8 Brent as I arrived in CA early this morning after an almost 14hr flight.

Best news just confirmed is that I'll be heading to the BBQ with both Hank & Rod. We arranged a hire car just before a should arrive at the BBQ around 10am Saturday.... see you all then.

Welcome aboard, it will be great to see ya again. What year were you here?

i-MkxR367-XL.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Desotodav said:

Our 4-1/2 hour flight into LAX yesterday afternoon doesn't seem so bad then. We're in Hollywood today. Resting up after a day at Universal Studios. Tomorrow we're beginning our trek north via the Pacific Coast Highway. However I just found out that the road is closed up through the Big Sur area, so we'll have to detour that sceinic area. :( 

See ya guys Saturday. 

I was last here in CA in 2014 - too long ago!

i was hoping to do a trip along the coast road through Big Sur., but wasn't sure whether the road was still closed from the mud slides. Thanks for the information Merle.

We'll have to stop off in Lodi on the way through as we'll need some cold beers for the camp fire on Saturday night. Might get something better than that lollie-water that Mark drinks!

3 minutes ago, Desotodav said:

I was last here in CA in 2014 - too long ago!

i was hoping to do a trip along the coast road through Big Sur., but wasn't sure whether the road was still closed from the mud slides. Thanks for the information Merle.

We'll have to stop off in Lodi on the way through as we'll need some cold beers for the camp fire on Saturday night. Might get something better than that lollie-water that Mark drinks!

2014 BBQ (25).jpg

2014 BBQ (38).jpg

2014 BBQ (41).jpg

2014 BBQ (44).jpg

• Like 2

To all: It is an easy one hour drive from Sonora to Yosemite Valley. Because of the heavy winter snow, the falls are FULL!  I'm very seriously considering to head into that valley early Sunday morning via the Merced River. I will never have an easier drive to that park with my truck than this. 

Do I have any company? 

1 hour ago, Desotodav said:

Too bad we do not have Crown Lager in the US.:(

If I remember the name correctly that was some smooth but strong brew! ;)  Loved it during the 6 Mo. I spent in Brisbane area.

DJ

Redid the gas tank trying to get to the BBQ. Painted it green cuz it made me laugh. Once I got it all together the fuel pump said "nah".

Opened the trunk of a '34 chevy California Mountain Special and pulled out a 6 volt electric fuel pump still fresh in the original package bought in 1991.

Any guess what the rubber grommet was like?

Think I better start thrashing earlier next year ...

IMG_20170325_115642.jpg

• Like 2

Should I bother dragging up a 1953 Chrysler Firepower that I need to part with?  Or is that something no one really is into or wants?  I am trying to determine which extra parts that I have to bring up with me.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, classiccarjack said:

Should I bother dragging up a 1953 Chrysler Firepower that I need to part with?  Or is that something no one really is into or wants?  I am trying to determine which extra parts that I have to bring up with me.

You will most likely win the longest drive award. Gotta be worth the trip.

WOW......Merle is already in the state! Davin is on his way! And the weather keeps getting better for the BBQ!

There will be rain/15mph winds in the morning Thursday....sunny with 19mph winds on Friday.....Saturday sunny 75 degs and 5 mph winds.....

By the following week we'll have a week long rain storm past threw.

DANG.......we just threaded the needle on  that one!! 

Big thanks to Jim Shepard who worked with me and my son Zac ALL DAY on the shop.

Blending two homes has been very tough on the ol' shop....."stuff" everywhere.....still plenty to do for the Friday crew, though might be a bit windy and damp...

But who knows, they keep tweaking the weather report....lol

48D

• Like 1

What a day!! Hank, Rod & I went through sheds full of MOPAR car & truck parts at a place in Cudahy today. We suggested that the parts owner come to the BBQ, but we'll catch up with her again at Spring Flling at Van Nuys on the 8/9th April if she doesn't make it th Clements. We will bring photos to the BBQ of the 4 trucks which she is selling.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Desotodav said:

What a day!! Hank, Rod & I went through sheds full of MOPAR car & truck parts at a place in Cudahy today. We suggested that the parts owner come to the BBQ, but we'll catch up with her again at Spring Flling at Van Nuys on the 8/9th April if she doesn't make it th Clements. We will bring photos to the BBQ of the 4 trucks which she is selling.

any stainless grill parts?!?!??!  <he asks hopefully>

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:20 PM, countrytravler said:

NOPE! But it would be cool!! I would get this one or this one.

1972-Dodge-RV.jpg

I expect to see this "thing" will be at the BBQ. Whatever it is...a molester special?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John-T-53 said:

I expect to see this "thing" will be at the BBQ. Whatever it is...a molester special?

Ram’d R/V: 1972 Dodge Motorhome

You know that phrase, “A face only a mother could love”? Well, this unusual R/V likely has a lineage involving a Dodge D150 pickup and a school bus given its distinctive grill and headlight combo, which isn’t exactly what you’d call handsome. Still, this bubble-shaped motorhome is dirt cheap at the moment, listed for $1,100 or best offer here on eBay.
Read more at http://barnfinds.com/ramd-rv-1972-dodge-motorhome/#BIyDWyqSbsmTKOmV.99

weirdrv4-630x473.jpg

wierdrv2-630x473.jpg

I just received a request from a friend.  Does anyone going to the tailgate BBQ have an Original tall oil bath air cleaner that will fit a Stromberg on a 1949 Dodge car?  It has the bracket that comes over from the cylinder head that bolts to it.  Ironically, all my extra air cleaners do not have the special clamp for the beveled edge on the top of the carburetor.   It seems that most of my 1 Bbl's have a straight edge with no bevel on the top except the three that I have no air cleaner for...

Please Help!  He is willing to purchase the air cleaner.  What has happened is this,  some mechanic shop took his original and tossed it to put a chrome cheap air filter on it.  They claim that oil bath air filters are a fire hazard.... Seems like most younger folks are very ignorant nowadays....  Despite his efforts, the original air cleaner cannot be retrieved.

Thanks guys/gals, any help would be appreciated, he is a kind good man.

58 minutes ago, classiccarjack said:

I just received a request from a friend.  Does anyone going to the tailgate BBQ have an Original tall oil bath air cleaner that will fit a Stromberg on a 1949 Dodge car?  It has the bracket that comes over from the cylinder head that bolts to it.  Ironically, all my extra air cleaners do not have the special clamp for the beveled edge on the top of the carburetor.   It seems that most of my 1 Bbl's have a straight edge with no bevel on the top except the three that I have no air cleaner for...

Please Help!  He is willing to purchase the air cleaner.  What has happened is this,  some mechanic shop took his original and tossed it to put a chrome cheap air filter on it.  They claim that oil bath air filters are a fire hazard.... Seems like most younger folks are very ignorant nowadays....  Despite his efforts, the original air cleaner cannot be retrieved.

Thanks guys/gals, any help would be appreciated, he is a kind good man.

Picture of one?