10TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ Clements, Ca.

48Dodger

47 minutes ago, countrytravler said:

8k on the Barn Find Post.

Thank you for the opportunity, but I need to get the trucks I have at home done first.  

Southern Ca caravan update: Don Jordan and I will leave Selma Ca around 2:45 on Friday and drive to the Holiday Express Inn, Lodi, CA.  We will join up with Bob Riding and friend there and stay overnight. Sat, 8:00, Bob (47 plymouth woody), Don (47 plymouth coupe, and Paul (52 Dodge B3B) will drive to Tims ranch. We invite anyone to join up with us Friday night or Saturday morning to make up a larger caravan to Tims.

Saturday evening, these three will caravan to Sonora, Ca to Rodewsy Inn for overnight. We may seek a tour of a Dodge Truck restorer, in town and see if the gentleman owner will oblige us, if we behave ourselves. Join us for this also and let's park a long row of older vehicles in front of Rodeway Inn and/or Main Street Sonora for breakfast. 

Sunday, I'm heading south via Mariposa, Brenda, Madeira on a leisurely drive home. No other plans to date. Don may be driving south with me. Join us part way even. 

Will be memorable, I'm certain. 

Don, Bob, Paul

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pflaming said:

Southern Ca caravan update: Don Jordan and I will leave Selma Ca around 2:45 on Friday and drive to the Holiday Express Inn, Lodi, CA.  We will join up with Bob Riding and friend there and stay overnight. Sat, 8:00, Bob (47 plymouth woody), Don (47 plymouth coupe, and Paul (52 Dodge B3B) will drive to Tims ranch. We invite anyone to join up with us Friday night OT Saturday morning to make up a larger caravan to Tims.

saturday evening, these three will caravan to Sonora, Ca to Rodewsy Inn for overnight. We may seek a tour of a Dodge Truck restorer, in town and see if the gentleman owner will oblige us, if we behave ourselves. Join us for this also and let's park a long row of older vehicles in front of Rodeway Inn. 

Sunday, I'm heading south via Mariposa, Brenda, Madeira on a leisurely drive home. No other plans to date. 

Don, Bob, Paul

COOL!!!

Edited by countrytravler

3 hours ago, pflaming said:

Southern Ca caravan update: Don Jordan and I will leave Selma Ca around 2:45 on Friday and drive to the Holiday Express Inn, Lodi, CA.  We will join up with Bob Riding and friend there and stay overnight. Sat, 8:00, Bob (47 plymouth woody), Don (47 plymouth coupe, and Paul (52 Dodge B3B) will drive to Tims ranch. We invite anyone to join up with us Friday night OT Saturday morning to make up a larger caravan to Tims.

saturday evening, these three will caravan to Sonora, Ca to Rodewsy Inn for overnight. We may seek a tour of a Dodge Truck restorer, in town and see if the gentleman owner will oblige us, if we behave ourselves. Join us for this also and let's park a long row of older vehicles in front of Rodeway Inn. 

Sunday, I'm heading south via Mariposa, Brenda, Madeira on a leisurely drive home. No other plans to date. 

Don, Bob, Paul

We will join you guys in the morning if you like.  I can't wait, I will have our hotel picked out and reserved over this weekend.  

I will install a new radiator in my D350 tomorrow, do a oil change, and rotate my tires to be sure it's 100% for the Journey.  10 hour drive for us....  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, countrytravler said:

17434623_1004787576287859_6095106346957254873_o.jpg

oh great, the nightmares are going to start again! (we had an incident getting to #8) 

maybe Davin, can do me a solid and phone the authorities ahead of time.......... if you see a plate from Oregon.  Look the other way :) 

4 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

oh great, the nightmares are going to start again! (we had an incident getting to #8) 

maybe Davin, can do me a solid and phone the authorities ahead of time.......... if you see a plate from Oregon.  Look the other way :) 

Only about 9000 miles out of my jurisdiction! Maybe I'll keep a few work items (souvenirs) in the car for our trip before I post them off to Dan at NYPD?

• Like 2

On 3/24/2017 at 3:53 AM, 48Dodger said:
BBQ is almost here.... When the event is under way, a few forum names will come up....some asking questions like "wonder what he's like?" "wonder if he'll come out next year?" or "wouldn't it be great if that guy was here, I'd like to talk with him".

It's what created the "Wish You Were Here Award".
An award that reminds everyone on the forum, no matter where you're at, you're invited!!

Past winners:

2008 Don Coatney
2009 Merle Coggins
2010 Hank aka HanksB3B
2011 Ed aka Young ED
2012 Bud aka Budstruck
2013 Tim Adams aka Plymouthy Adams
2014  Mark aka ggdad1951 and  Davin aka Desotodav
2015  Joe Hanely aka 52b3 Joe
2016   Dave aka Dave72dt 

This year, its a guy who has every dang vintage tool for our trucks, big or small! I once said I wanted to make a plaster cast of all his tools so I could hang
them on my wall and be able to say "yah, that's the tool I'm suspose to be using!!" Great thing about him is that he has the ability to share his knowledge.
I can't say that enough about anyone here who takes the time to do that!  Hope I'm lucky enough to me meet you someday!

•  2017  Rob aka Dodge4ya  •

Congratulations Sir!!! Look for your trophy in the mail my friend.

48D

My oh My oh my!!!

I give you Tim and all the rest of the guys a super BIG thank You!

Now I feel bad I'm not going to be there! I really do.

Brent last summer even offered to load me up and take me there for this year's event too......and Big Red!

Well maybe not the truck:lol:

I'm going to camp out in the rain by the mailbox waiting for my trophy... even sleep there if i have too.

Gee I really do feel loved by ya all:wub:

Rob

• Like 4

Well Tim, been detailing my truck for the drive.  Alternator checked,  radiator sprung a leak so that is fixed, electrical fan replaces the OE fan, lots of double checking on the wiring, a successful 110 mile round trip to Kettleman City,  heater added, so this afternoon will take a quick pull up the road to 4000 feet which is a good sustained test. That successful I should be ready to go. 

I call this BBQ the "Frito-Lay" BBQ, can't go just once, like the Capistrano  butterflys, I must return each year. So, Mr. Bandito, I'm doing all I can AND I'm bring three new guys and their cars. 

BBQ or bust!!! 

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

Top Ten Reasons to Attend the 10TH Clements Tailgate BBQ

10. A bitchin BBQ made from a 1948 PH parts truck.

9. Beautiful country drive to location.

8.  My Hawk SACHI

7. Hanging out with guys who "get" what your talking about, and enjoy hearing the what, where, and why about your truck.

6. Chance to buy parts from fellow members

5. We're not getting any younger (it's time to hang with fellow PH truckers!)

4. Not a lot money in the budget, but there will be some trophies....!

3. FOOD!!

2. Knowledge. You get to see in progress to finished trucks right before your eyes!

1. Meet members of the forum face ta face.

It's the 10TH one for pete's sake..!!! If you didn't make the last nine.... GET TO THIS ONE!!! :D

48D :D

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, 48Dodger said:

10. A bitchin BBQ made from a 1948 PH parts truck.

9. Beautiful country drive to location.

8.  My Hawk SACHI

7. Hanging out with guys who "get" what your talking about, and enjoy hearing the what, where, and why about your truck.

6. Chance to buy parts from fellow members

5. We're not getting any younger (it's time to hang with fellow PH truckers!)

4. Not a lot money in the budget, but there will be some trophies....!

3. FOOD!!

2. Knowledge. You get to see in progress to finished trucks right before your eyes!

It's the 10TH one for pete's sake..!!! If you didn't make the last nine.... GET TO THIS ONE!!! :D

who are you again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 48Dodger said:

hey, my top 10 list was a little different :D

10. vitamin D

9. see If a Minnesotan will burn

8. shake an aussie's hand

7. see who brings what vehicles  this year

6. get my photo taken with the forum family

5. watch JT mow the extra needed vehicle space

4. not be rained on

3. see how many burgers I can eat

2. Bond with my woman on the ride down there and back

• Like 6