10TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ Clements, Ca.

48Dodger

19 hours ago, B1B Keven said:

The tax man taketh but doesn't giveth enough back. :(

We cant make it this year.

bummer!

but, on behalf of all government employees... thank you for paying your taxes :)

• Like 1

Yes...its raining again in Clements, but its a nice rain.

THE WEATHER LOOKS AWESOME FOR THE BBQ!!!!!

The place is looking better after all the hard work my son and his friends put in, not to mention me and the wife. Of course we live there and should have it nice..lol... but the storms really hit us good this year. So here's the weather report.

SEE Y'ALL THERE! Bring your sun screen, it'll be 76 Degrees!!!!:D (not you Mark, we got you covered...lol)

weather.PNG

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

SEE Y'ALL THERE! Bring your sun screen, it'll be 76 Degrees!!!!:D (not you Mark, we got you covered...lol)

great, because I can't bring that on the airplane in the volume I'll need!

• Like 1

BBQ is almost here.... When the event is under way, a few forum names will come up....some asking questions like "wonder what he's like?" "wonder if he'll come out next year?" or "wouldn't it be great if that guy was here, I'd like to talk with him".

It's what created the "Wish You Were Here Award".
An award that reminds everyone on the forum, no matter where you're at, you're invited!!

Past winners:

2008 Don Coatney
2009 Merle Coggins
2010 Hank aka HanksB3B
2011 Ed aka Young ED
2012 Bud aka Budstruck
2013 Tim Adams aka Plymouthy Adams
2014  Mark aka ggdad1951 and  Davin aka Desotodav
2015  Joe Hanely aka 52b3 Joe
2016   Dave aka Dave72dt 

This year, its a guy who has every dang vintage tool for our trucks, big or small! I once said I wanted to make a plaster cast of all his tools so I could hang
them on my wall and be able to say "yah, that's the tool I'm suspose to be using!!" Great thing about him is that he has the ability to share his knowledge.
I can't say that enough about anyone here who takes the time to do that!  Hope I'm lucky enough to me meet you someday!

•  2017  Rob aka Dodge4ya  •

Congratulations Sir!!! Look for your trophy in the mail my friend.

48D
Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 6

Nice choice 48D! i'll bet after this wet winter he wishes he could be there also

I am with Don, defiantly a pleasure

RNB.jpg.510cbfb349bafbae52f52f67b8343df1.jpg

• Like 2

Despite my efforts, I was not able to get one of the trucks running do to the rain causing issues on our ranch.  Our driveway even washed out!  So next year will be my new goal.

I went up to Sonora area and visited Countrytraveler last year, and I can't wait to meet a bunch of you that I have gotten to know via private messages and etc.

I have a solution to my troubles and I cannot think of any other way to make this event, and I must now ask for permission, so here goes....  I will have to bring up my 1992 D350 Cummins Dodge.  Will this be acceptable?  I also have some extra parts that I need to part with in order to help me buy restoration parts for my trucks.  Can I bring some items up with me to part with?  

I just feel really bad about about not meeting my goals as life has gotten in my way.  Between my kids and mother nature, my "truck time" has been slowed down quite a bit. Please share your thoughts, I will respect your decision 48Dodger if I don't meet the criteria and you must have me bring up a more vintage correct vehicle.  Please review and advise.

Sincerely,

Jack H.

17 minutes ago, classiccarjack said:

Despite my efforts, I was not able to get one of the trucks running do to the rain causing issues on our ranch.  Our driveway even washed out!  So next year will be my new goal.

I went up to Sonora area and visited Countrytraveler last year, and I can't wait to meet a bunch of you that I have gotten to know via private messages and etc.

I have a solution to my troubles and I cannot think of any other way to make this event, and I must now ask for permission, so here goes....  I will have to bring up my 1992 D350 Cummins Dodge.  Will this be acceptable?  I also have some extra parts that I need to part with in order to help me buy restoration parts for my trucks.  Can I bring some items up with me to part with?  

I just feel really bad about about not meeting my goals as life has gotten in my way.  Between my kids and mother nature, my "truck time" has been slowed down quite a bit. Please share your thoughts, I will respect your decision 48Dodger if I don't meet the criteria and you must have me bring up a more vintage correct vehicle.  Please review and advise.

Sincerely,

Jack H.

If a chevy truck can attend I would think a dodge loaded with vintage dodge parts can show up. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, classiccarjack said:

Sincerely,

Jack H.

Jack, I'm sure he would not mind. It's a tail gate party. We're bringing our 03 PT Cruiser. LOL From the move and health issues, I am too burned out to bring something old. We were going to bring about 10 vehicles. So, we will see you there.

20150828_194535.jpg

Edited by countrytravler
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, countrytravler said:

From the past!!

8629114577_a57e740aeb_b.jpg

IMG_3112.JPG

2016-04-09 22_22_51-9TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ Clements, Ca. - Page 19 - Mopar Flathead Truck .jpg

Lol...  Thanks guys!  Point taken, and Phew!  

• Like 2

Yes, as they've said, it doesn't matter what you bring. I'll be in a rental car. It's supposed to be a Jeep Grand Cherokee (or similar). We'll find out when we get into LAX, about 50 hours from now, as I type this.

I'm finally caught up on things to get done before vacation. About another hour and I can slip into VACATION TIME!!!

See y'all at the BBQ.

Merle

Edited by Merle Coggins
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, countrytravler said:

We can take a collection and buy this for the ranch to party in!! LOL!!

1974-Winnebago-Wagon.jpg

1974-Winnebago-Winnie-Wagon.jpg

1974-Winnie-Wagon-Interior.jpg

That think is Saweeeeeet!  Nice!