10TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ Clements, Ca.

48Dodger

Oh yeah......its on!

APRIL 1ST 2017...really, no foolin.

.....just thought I'd warn y'all....get your trucks ready!!!!!!

"THIS TIME ITS FOR REAL!!!!!" Or should I say "Damn...Number Ten !!!" 

Unbelievable, #10 !!!!!....the place where the largest number of Dodge Pilot-House Era Trucks meet in the whole WORLD !! (I think..lol). 

The people I've met over the last 9 BBQ's has made my life so much better. This time of year is so awesome because finishing an old truck actually has meaning to the crowd you'll see here! Fenders and bumpers to hang on, hoods to lift, parts to swap, and stories to tell! I look forward to it all. Last year was a special one with returning long distant travelers and new ones I hope make the trip again.

I've had a busy, busy year since the last BBQ....got married, rebooted a business, traveled the coast to see friends, and continue to get my kids finished up with college. My brother's truck should be up and running, along with my truck looking just a bit better than last year! Its a big one this year, the guys are coming from the north, the south, the east and the west. You know you'll meet someone you know from the forum, and it'll be the coolest thing ever...I know...I have good friends in far away states because this here BBQ. Come on down!  

"The car crowd is growing and more than welcome to come. I could easliy call it "The Tailgate/Trunk BBQ"!"

"I can't tell you how much I look forward to this every year, its a blast and for some, lasts a few days. Campers show up on Thursday or Friday and leave on a Sunday morning.....all enjoying late night chat sessions around the fire pit." 

"I hope new and old  members alike are inspired to make the trip and maybe even drive their trucks the distance....you know we have your back! "

"So many good stories around the fire pit the nights before and after the event. I can't tell how cool it is to have forum members stay several days and just relax....."  

"Looking forward to a great party! Now build it, and bring it!!!"

"It was around 2007 when Bob Koch, Jim Shepard, and myself (Tim Estrada), went to Reg Evans' place to check out his "yard". While we were eating hotdogs, drinking cold beverages, solving international and regional issues....we thought "lets have a BBQ".

"Get the wheels on, and the tanks full....its time to finish up and git to the Q! It ain't no beauty pageant of trailer queens, its a truck show...so flex your rust as well as your shine!"

Tim aka 48Dodger

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, pflaming said:

Country Travler is coming, I thought he would be in Trumps Cabinet as the Interior Secretary by then! LOL   

They said that I did not have enough money. LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

we have booked our motel room and are practicing for the bbq, sure hope it is warmer there :D

anyone else practicing?

Edited by Brent B3B
photo deleted- didn't mean to take the thread OT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, countrytravler said:

Me too and were only 60 miles South of Tims BBQ.LOL

FB_IMG_1451667637636.jpg

How long has it been since you had that much snow?  I know that in Modesto, Ca. which is about 40 miles west of his location and only about 3000ft ( maybe less) lower has not seen Any snow in about 40 years that lasted more than a few seconds on the ground!

In this (new climate) it is almost a miracle as compared to the last decade.

On the other hand I like to visit snow for the day and come home-No snow!;)

It has been really cold here,  30 degree overnight and 49 degree highs. Sorry for you in the REAL cold!:eek:

DJ

Dang horse's water froze

Tie a couple of Milk jugs together and hang them in the horse tank. Then in the morning remove the jugs and the horses can drink. If you take  little time, you can show the horses how to push those jugs down, then they pop out, and they can take care of them selves.  

See you in April, when the grass is GREEN! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DJ194950 said:

How long has it been since you had that much snow?  I know that in Modesto, Ca. which is about 40 miles west of his location and only about 3000ft ( maybe less) lower has not seen Any snow in about 40 years that lasted more than a few seconds on the ground!

In this (new climate) it is almost a miracle as compared to the last decade.

On the other hand I like to visit snow for the day and come home-No snow!;)

It has been really cold here,  30 degree overnight and 49 degree highs. Sorry for you in the REAL cold!:eek:

DJ

This was a couple of years ago and we got 10in at 2000ft.