Inside Sun Visor Location

YukonJack

I recently acquired inside visors for my 47 Plymouth Deluxe. When I purchased the car it didn't have visors and the headliner was replaced so there aren't any holes in it to indicate where the visors mount. Does anyone have an idea of how I can determine where they mount or maybe a picture of the location? A picture without the headliner might be helpful. Thanks in advance. 

The visors mount to a flat area a few inches from the upper window corner...........you should be able to gently press the headliner or even your hand against the flat area and feel the large hole for the visor pivot & spring to fit into then once that area is located and marked with, say a pencil then hold the visor against this area and work out roughly where the 3 screw holes should be on the flat area, I have used a pointed scriber, small thin nail or even a needle would work..........once you have located one screw hole then the other 2 should be straightforward to locate..........this is how I did mine............not hard to do , just take a little care.....are the visors you have THE correct ones for the car?...........andyd.

11 hours ago, Andydodge said:

The visors mount to a flat area a few inches from the upper window corner...........you should be able to gently press the headliner or even your hand against the flat area and feel the large hole for the visor pivot & spring to fit into then once that area is located and marked with, say a pencil then hold the visor against this area and work out roughly where the 3 screw holes should be on the flat area, I have used a pointed scriber, small thin nail or even a needle would work..........once you have located one screw hole then the other 2 should be straightforward to locate..........this is how I did mine............not hard to do , just take a little care.....are the visors you have THE correct ones for the car?...........andyd.

Hello YukonJack,

I just went through the same process as you - new sun visors, new headliner.

Andydodge's procedure is spot on, that's exactly how I did it...admittedly it took me about a half-hour or so to muster up the courage to poke the first hole in my nice headliner!

If you have a light-colored headliner, make sure your hands are clean; doesn't take much to dirty it with fingerprints.

Good luck!

• 5 months later...
On 11/14/2016 at 0:28 AM, YukonJack said:

I recently acquired inside visors for my 47 Plymouth Deluxe.

I would really like inside visors for my 1950 P20 Special DeLuxe Club Coupe. In my case I think the mounts are actually under the headliner. But I have no idea where to find visors themselves. Any ideas?

4 hours ago, medium_jon said:

I would really like inside visors for my 1950 P20 Special DeLuxe Club Coupe. In my case I think the mounts are actually under the headliner. But I have no idea where to find visors themselves. Any ideas?

Hi MJ, I found mine on eBay, took a few weeks of searching till I found them. Brought them to my local trim shop and had the pair rebuilt and recovered.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I'm guessing here but I'd think that the visor and mounts would have been the same design and overall size from the late 30's thru to the early 50's at least.....even other makes such as GM & Frod from what I've seen thru the years appear to be similar although the spacing of the 3 mounting holes would be different.........visors are not something that wear out or generally get damaged and I'd think that a pair shouldn't be worth much.........I have a few spare but seeing that I'm in Oz the postage would be prohibitive.........do searches for 1940 to early 50's..........andyd 

• Like 1