1949 Coronet Convertible

jrb182

I am new to the website and am in the process of restoring a 49 Coronet convertible. I was wondering if there is a way to find out just how many of these are still out there.   I think they are pretty rare since less than 2500 were made in 1949 but thought I would take a shot and see if anyone out there had any info or research ideas.Thanks

Hard to know on amount of those cars left.  Some people feel that after all these years, due to accidents, 

lack of care and other assorted reasons .... there may only be around 10 percent of the original number left.

Have you found any forum besides this relating to that model Dodge....or anyone who has kept a register

of those cars as he encountered them?  

I haven't been able to find anyone yet that actually owns one now . I have seen a couple that have been for sale over the past year but no actual private owner that could share knowledge or information. Thanks for the input and I'll keep searching.Any suggestions on other good mopar sites would be appreciated 

Welcome!

I have a 1951 Coronet convertible.  Its more or less the same car from 49-52.  Only 5500 where made during the 4 year run.  It being a convertible many rusted and were junked. Some estimates suggest 25-75 are now left, but I cant verify this number.  I have attended many car shows over my 20 years in the hobby, and have never seen any other.  If you do a search on the internet about 7-8 know cars show up.  Aside from these from these 8 (and now yours), I don't know of any others.

BTW- My car is the same color as yours. Its called Chakina Bronze.