1943 Dodge Diplomat

_shel_ny

Well not really, but that is what it was labeled as at the modern u-pull today.

Also saw a 1953 1963 Volvo. Approaching from the back at first it appeared to be an older VW Beetle

DSCF9721.JPG

DSCF9722.JPG

DSCF9720.JPG

Edited by _shel_ny
correct year typo on the Volvo
  • Like 1

I think it is a 40 or 41,but I would love to have it if it is as solid as it looks.

Have any idea how much it would take to rescue that thing from the crusher?

• With that for posters location, then knowing is at a U-pull, will need to look up some phone numbers and hunt it down.

I remember calling some of those places in the past, they pretty much refuse to tell you over the phone what is in inventory.

But you show up and pay your $3 entrance fee, they will tell you some things then.

28 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

hey.....got some of each tucked away in the barn for a rainy day....the Volvo is timeless....as is basically the 41 Dodge........

That 41 Dodge is WAY too nice and solid to get sent to the crusher after a few parts are pulled. It needs a home.

crushing that car is nothing less than business to the crusher-man....metal in metal out.....no one can save them all....all of  them not worth saving....warehousing the parts would the too costly....remove your hat and stand solemn for a moment in its passing..then go fix what you now own...just another side of the coin...

38 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

that is a far cry from a 40 Dodge..the very butterfly grille screams 1941

Then someone has replaced the engine, and the s/n tag attached to the door:)

Edit, and I do agree that the trim on the hood does not look like a 40. Just went by the #'s

Edited by _shel_ny

I am not privy to any numbers...the whole front clip could be the 41 metal on a 40..who can tell as this is the only angle of the photo...and no dash shot, no body ID given or any shot or engine number stated also...and original posting saying 43.... I based the identity on what is seen.....

The Dodge is definitely a 1941 model - front clip and body.  The 1941 Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler shared the same body and it was new for 1941.   And that body was wider and longer than the Plymouth body all Mopar cars used in 1940.   The sides of this Dodge bulge out around the belt line unlike the flat sides of the 1940 models.   

By the way, all car production in the U.S. and Canada came to an end at the beginning of February, 1942 and assembly plants were converted to war materiel production.   Car production would not get under way again until the fall of 1945.  There were no 1943, 1944 or 1945 model years.

Bill

Vancouver, BC

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John Reddie said:

Yes, this is a 1941 Dodge. Interesting bracket on the front bumper I see. This car could very likely have the fluid drive I think. I hope it can go to a dedicated Mopar fan and brought back to life.

John R

I went back to see this interesting bracket I may have missed when looking...(as in the special license bracket that is fitted to the stock over riders for the 41 model)  other than the stick on turn signal lamps..nothing there that is not stock...three out of three of my 41 front bumpers have these stock bars and mounts..a few items (6, failed math in school)  missing for sure...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

1 hour ago, John Reddie said:

Yes, this is a 1941 Dodge. Interesting bracket on the front bumper I see. This car could very likely have the fluid drive I think. I hope it can go to a dedicated Mopar fan and brought back to life.

John R

.I wish I lived close enough to make it worth my time to go get it IF a price can be established for the whole car,and almost glad I don't.

If the price is cheap enough,I'd be hooking up my trailer and brining it home anyhow,and hoping I could find a local buyer. That car needs to be saved.

17 minutes ago, ferdball said:

Agree with posters - it's a 41. I think that most of them were fluid drive.

And also here's a 40 and 42 for reference...

agree with the other poster.... fix the car you have before you die and your grandkids have to send them to the scrap yard. :P

Let me see if I understand this,ok? YOU managed to score all three of those solid cars from the same storage building?

NOBODY should be that freaking lucky! They look like you could wash them and have nice cars.