WPC Historical museum will soon be History

Don Coatney

Last weekend the Walter P Chrysler Museum will be opened. It's permanently closing. We'll be making the trip that weekend. December 17th and 18th. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=189535251450689&id=125745217829693

Earl

Edited by mopar_earl

Oh, you guys listed it under off topic. I thought it was extremely odd no one was mentioning it. It should never be in off topic. Off topic would be a Ford museum. Lol Any who, I thought I'd pass it on as it wasn't mentioned on the forum. A Chrysler Museum for Chrysler vehicle's is definitely worthy of making the main forum. Hopefully this will make it to more eyes. I myself never been on the off topic forums because, it's off topic lol

Earl

then I guess we should only be discussing topic's that deal directly with the fix or question on our old cars.  The topic of the Chrysler Museum should be on the forum as a main topic.  The other point that has not been mentioned is if they will discontinue the  offer of providing the history to a Chrysler owner car. The Historical section provided that service for a fee.  So I would suggest that if you want to know anything about your car or truck that you get the request into them ASAP NO OTHER CAR MANUFACTURER WAS PROVIDING THIS TYPE OF DOCUMENTATION.

Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Another sad comment on our society. It seems as tho’ if it isn’t contemporary, it isn’t important. Let us not forget that those who don’t learn from our history are destined to repeat it – good, bad, or indifferent. I’m wondering what will happen to all of the cars, as well as the other memorabilia and artifacts, in the museum. It’d be a tragic shame if it was all sold off to private parties, never to be seen, or appreciated, again (at my age, I’m allowed to wax philosophically). I’m guessing this is all resultant to Chrysler becoming part of Fiat, and they certainly don’t have any appreciation for the various marquees within Chrysler.  So, what does one do? Let a significant part of our heritage pass into the mists of time? Or, rally the troops and try to set up some type of alternative institution? Thot's to be pondered . . .   Thx.

Just because they will no longer open the doors for a free walkabout does not in any manner say they are chunking the vehicles to the four junkyards of the world.  I believe in the following....it is their property and for them to do as they wish.  While it may be a sad day, keep it mind they do not owe me, you or any specialty group anything.  I firmly believe that those who have a problem either learn to get around disappointment or pony up the coin to buy or rent and sustain a venue to display these vehicles at their expense....see how long you can keep the doors open.  This may sound harsh but it is a cruel word and full of disappointments...it would be the same as me telling you to drive your car to my house so I can take a measurement of some item or another.  Again, it is a cruel world and I am not trying to make it any more so.  But I do not kite reality checks.  And I can assure you as time passes on there will be many more things coming down the pike to sadden and disappoint mankind as things they are taking for granted are pulled from their reach.  Sorry if I upset anyone but facts are facts.

12 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Just because they will no longer open the doors for a free walkabout does not in any manner say they are chunking the vehicles to the four junkyards of the world.  I believe in the following....it is their property and for them to do as they wish.  While it may be a sad day, keep it mind they do not owe me, you or any specialty group anything.  I firmly believe that those who have a problem either learn to get around disappointment or pony up the coin to buy or rent and sustain a venue to display these vehicles at their expense....see how long you can keep the doors open.  This may sound harsh but it is a cruel word and full of disappointments...it would be the same as me telling you to drive your car to my house so I can take a measurement of some item or another.  Again, it is a cruel world and I am not trying to make it any more so.  But I do not kite reality checks.  And I can assure you as time passes on there will be many more things coming down the pike to sadden and disappoint mankind as things they are taking for granted are pulled from their reach.  Sorry if I upset anyone but facts are facts.

Damn Dude, I'm 'triggered'.....

3 minutes ago, Don Coatney said:

Seems to me that of all the forums available here that Off Topic is the best location for this information. Covers all bases. I suggest a moderator combine these 2 threads in the off topic forum.

http://p15-d24.com/

Oh my no. I want it to stay here. That's why I placed it here. So I highly recommend a mod to keep it here for all to see. 

Earl

2 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

16 days and the post will be as history as the very museum....keep up with the changing times...move this like they are moving the cars out of circulation..

Oh my no, it can stay put till the museum is gone. After that you can move it and get your happy spot all better. Lol 

Earl

I think it should stay.  The Chrysler Museum represents the history of our cars and trucks. It soes not represent Fiat, Ford, GM or any of the other car manufacturers. It was specific to our cars and truck that we as members of the P15D25 forum appreciate.  Yes the museum will close in 16 days but so why do we want to hide the fact that a great museum that had a great collection of Mopar Vintage is closing.  feel that the members should know the information.  If it had not been placed on this side of the forum I might have missed reading the posting. But Mr Adams states he can not care about the museum if and when it closes and that is his opinion but from what I have seen other people feel it should stay posted on this side of forum and eventually it will disappear with the rest of the topics.

To the gentleman that started the post thank you for interest in posting the information. For the ones that do not care then they can just not read the posting and the numerous members that have added a posting. No one is correct and no one is wron on this topic just information being sent out to the members that might care.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

• Like 1

yes...lets thank Don Coatney for making the forum aware of the upcoming closure at the beginning of last month....why the threads need combined...one musuem-one topic.  I think closer reading is needed for Rich...I did not say I did not care... I stated it was a sad event and not in any manner my property or within my control of means to keep it open.  Whining on a forum is not going to change it...have you called FCA to express your opinion?

P Adams you stated that any museum is off topic and the way you stated it is that you did not care if it closed or not.  But the museum pertained to our cars so it is of a major topic.  Again you are entiled to you feelings and so be it but when you attacked the original poster in that you felt it was not important than that gives the opinion and I say opininion is my sence of the word that you could not care about the Chrysler museum.

I am not complaining but other members of this forum can be very opinion anted and say what ever they want and no one comes down on them so that is my opinion.

Hartung

7 hours ago, desoto1939 said:

P Adams you stated that any museum is off topic and the way you stated it is that you did not care if it closed or not.  But the museum pertained to our cars so it is of a major topic.  Again you are entiled to you feelings and so be it but when you attacked the original poster in that you felt it was not important than that gives the opinion and I say opininion is my sence of the word that you could not care about the Chrysler museum.

I am not complaining but other members of this forum can be very opinion anted and say what ever they want and no one comes down on them so that is my opinion.

Hartung

I still cannot find anywhere in my replies to this thread or the earlier original post by Don Coatney where I stated I did not care...but unlike many people of today I DO NOT think I am entitled....so when a company or person who has total ownership of an item chooses to do as they wish with their property even if I do not like it....I can choose to whine and cry about it or accept things as they are and get along with my life, all this from merely stating it is an off topic post concerning property no one on this forum owns.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

My final comments on this topic: The contents of the museum do belong to someone else, the Fiat Corporation, and not to me. However, I still am saddened by the loss yet another historical resource. Just take this scenario another step – what if this web site were to be closed because the people who maintain it, keep it in good running order for the rest of us to utilize, and yes – enjoy – suddenly decided that they were tired of being the custodian of this site, and were throwing in the towel. The site closes, and yet another valuable resource for historical vehicles, might I even say historically significant vehicles, that we as a sub-set of automobile enthusiasts enjoy, is forever lost. Time passes. No one can control the passing of time, nor stop it, nor even slow it down in the least little bit. However, that doesn’t preclude caring individuals from mourning that particular loss. It’s just what makes us human. In my former field, I’ve had to deal with other’s losses, and not being directly related to the involved individual doesn’t lessen the anguish. Hurt as it does, it’s one of the most humanizing aspects of the practice of medicine. Maybe that fact make my perspective about all of this somewhat unique . . . Again, more thot's to be pondered . . .   Thx.