New chapter in my life.

Todd B

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:36 PM, Todd B said:

Its always been my goal to take it to Tim's BBQ, we could kill two birds with one stone.

Man would I love that truck!

I can't promise to buy it, but I would definitely give it a place of honor if you made the BBQ trip with it!!!

And of course your truck already graces my wall with its beauty.....along with some other trucks I know...lol

48D

IMG_20161218_135316013_zpsema9hfyc.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

66 dart I'd say too small. 68 dart is bigger but still likely tight. Keep in mind in any convertible I've been in the back seat is always tight because the convertible top well always comes out of back seat area. Even Dads 69 Sport Fury convert which is a huge car has a pretty tight back seat. 

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BobT-47P15 said:

Proabably need something more like a Chevy, Olds, Pontiac or Caddy convertible.......big ol boats.

probably the best thing for back seat space is a lincoln from the 60s that used the retractable tech. The top was taken out of the trunk space that way. 

• 2 weeks later...

A 68 Dart would be perfect! More room than you think...its the body panels that are smaller not the interior so much.

Plus it would fit in the semi......

48D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Turned the page last weekend. I bought a 1967 Buick Skylark convertible from Minnesota 50,000 original miles. Has a good but not great new paint job. Handles and drives wonderfully. 

• Like 2

91AA73D9-4BE7-4990-9729-8436EA6492F0.jpeg.3ee1b93c85a62311098a488c726f8b16.jpegIs there a trick to posting pictures from my apple I-phone.  I have to resize each one and then send. Will only let me do one at a time 

• 1 month later...

Well I flipped the page one more time and put my semi out by the highway with a for sale sign on it.  I know it will hurt when it goes but it hurts more just storing it and not enjoying it.  Several people are stopping and taking pictures with the family in front of it.  

You might consider: 1) use the trailer for a special car garage, 2) lengthen the frame on the tractor, put a nice bed on it and now you have a usable truck to sell or keep. Stake trucks have many uses, thus more potential buyers. You couldn't give me a semi, but a stake truck is different, a perfect classic car hauler for guys whose trucks break down enroute to Tim's BBQ. 

2 minutes ago, pflaming said:

You might consider: 1) use the trailer for a special car garage, 2) lengthen the frame on the tractor, put a nice bed on it and now you have a usable truck to sell or keep. Stake trucks have many uses, thus more potential buyers. You couldn't give me a semi, but a stake truck is different, a perfect classic car hauler for guys whose trucks break down enroute to Tim's BBQ. 

use the trailer and you got the tractor sitting around unused and going to ruin.....cut the tractor and ruin the authenticity....now where I heard 'leave it stock' .....am sure I don't have to think hard on that last part....lol   

Sell it albeit with some remorse and know that it will be utilized as designed and cared for by the new owner...