Rustyhope disc brake ripoff alert!!!

Olddaddy

Hello friends!   I am posting to make you aware that my Rustyhope disc brake kits are being ripped off and sold by SRPM, Street Rods, Parts & Memorablilia out of Ohio.   Jim and Randy of SRPM started buying my kits a couple of years ago leading me to believe they were building cars and trucks in their shop and installing my kits.  What I've learned is they are marketing my kits on their website for prices that are $110 higher than I charge when sold direct.  They even have a picture of one of my kits on their website (see below)!  What they don't know is that kit has been out of production for nearly 12 years!!!  In any case, please spread the word, no one on the face of the planet is authorized to re-sell my Rustyhope disc brake kits, absolutely no one!  I sell direct from my web site only at rustyhope.com.  My kits start at $215 for a standard and go up to $245 and $315 for the undersized kits.  If you are buying anywhere else you are being ripped off!  It's probably not illegal, but certainly not ethical.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

I feel your pain. I had a similar situation happen to me in the late 70's when I was reproducing speedometer and gauge faces.  A so called friend was stealing my art work and making them too.

DashGlass 1978.jpg

I'm not upset for myself, I got paid my stated price.  I'm upset that these guys used my work to cheat other people out of money they did not need to spend.   They suckered me and their unsuspecting customers.  They likely consider it good business, but every time I shake the hand of a business man I want to soak mine in bleach.....to kill the stink!

Charlie, I do understand your position.  Someone in Canada has been copying one of my trans adapters for a number of years now and on occasion I get a call looking for additional info...........

Edited by wayfarer

I am also in manufacturing, in a very small way, as a one-man operation.  Because of the nature of my product (non-auto-related), I need to have local people doing tech work.  Well, one of my dealers violated an agreement he had signed, a 5 year non-compete agreement, and copied my product & started selling them before he had even paid for all of the goods he had ordered from me.  (I actually thought he was going to default on about 7 grand worth, but he did eventually pay up.)