is it right 49 wires cost more then 51

Angel4951

As you  as you know  I have a 49 and 51 Dodge pickup truck I was trying to find the wires today at Napa Auto Parts and they told me there was a price difference the 49ers more than the 51 the 49 I was quoted at $12o for the wires and the 51 I was quoted $25.00 for  and you have to cut and splice th em .is that correct?

NaPa part number 700170 for 51

# 69420

If you are talking about spark plug wires, there is no difference that I am aware of. I got a universal 6 cyl kit from Farm and Fleet and made them to fit my engine. Maybe Napa had different part numbers listed, but what is different between the two sets? Is one a pre-made set and one a make-your-own set?

one is a 7mm set.  one 8.5mm

both cut to length by installer

buy 1 set of the $25 wires, and you will probably see it will work fine on either truck.

Other parts stores have universal sets.

Rock auto sells the wires individually if desired. Many different lengths for under $2 each.

On 6V systems, I've been told that copper core universal plug wires are the way to go, trim to fit...wires with the right angle boots are best as they reduce wire length, reducing impedance...delivers a better spark that way, might be a problem with noise if running a radio though :cool:

Edited by JBNeal
additional information