Side glass

FESTER60

My project is progressing slowly. As they say life happens and I have not worked on it much lately. Here is a question I pose, since very little of my original car is left I am considering eliminating the vent windows and going with a one piece side glass. At least on the rear doors. Has anyone done or attempted this? If so, how did it work out? Any insight would be great. Thanks.

102_2039.JPG

The reason the rear doors are made as they are is so the side glass can be lowered all the way.

If you tried to have a one piece door pane, it would not go down without hitting the curve in the door.

Your car looks great so far.  dp

Yes I am aware the rear window could not be lowered all the way with a one piece glass, but I have seen many cars that are made that way. I am just not sure how to proceed, but then again I have never built a car before. Ignorance hasn't stopped me so far. I have actually done more since that pic. That was right after paint. Mostly interior and side glass left to do. Along with a million and one little things. Those never seem to end.

100_2352.JPG