Routing of emergency brake cable

etzmolch

Put the emergency brake with cable back in the car. Unfortunatly I didn't make a photograph of the routing of the brake cable. On the photograph attached you see the cable going to the brake above rear motor mount crossmember and bell housing but it is bend because it is touching the lower part of the bell housing. Looks not right  to me but working...

The next problem and the most of you will laughing about it but I have no idea how to attach the wiper blade to the arm . Never had to do with such a mechanism. 

It is a 1950 Dodge Wayfarer with Fluiddrive.

Thanks in advance.

Andre

BrakeCable.JPG

IMG_0936.JPG

• Like 1

It's a Wilwood tandem remote master cylinder. Below the link with the specs.

http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/MasterCylinderProd.aspx?itemno=260-7563

And yes I made my own bracket for the mc. It's not yet tested but it should work. Advantage of this cylinder is the use for both brake applications disc and drum brakes. It contains the residual pressure valves for drum brakes. I have somewhere the drawing of the components for the bracket but have to look for it.

Andre

Your emergency brake cable is correct.   The wiper :  You tip the arm at an angle to the blade and push it into the socket.  To release, you must depress the spring in the blade tip the blade again and withdraw the arm.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 10/23/2016 at 3:20 PM, etzmolch said:

It's a Wilwood tandem remote master cylinder. Below the link with the specs.

http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/MasterCylinderProd.aspx?itemno=260-7563

And yes I made my own bracket for the mc. It's not yet tested but it should work. Advantage of this cylinder is the use for both brake applications disc and drum brakes. It contains the residual pressure valves for drum brakes. I have somewhere the drawing of the components for the bracket but have to look for it.

Andre

Can you share the drawings of your bracket for the nifty wilwood master cylinder?