Old MoPar Story

windsor8

Here’s an old Mopar story I thought was pretty cool. 

Last week end I attended my Uncles 85th Birthday celebration.  He likes old cars so I drove my 48 Dodge  club coupe to show him. He tells me he had one just like it a long time ago. He also tells me about how they rolled it one night returning from the drive in but he wasn’t driving.  My Aunt was along for that ride too and no one was hurt.  I ask if the doors popped open and they said no.  They kicked out the windshield to get out of the car. The Dodge was repaired.

Neither one could tell me what movie they saw that night.

The B & W photo is from 1953

Rosemary and car 1.jpg

004.JPG

• Like 5

What a great way to bring back some good old memories for your uncles 85th birthday.  Get to ask him a lot of questions about what he has seen over his lifetime, you will amazed  at what this will do for his spirits and also his mind.  They all went through some hard times and then the good time after war and also the depression.  They gave up a lot and the current generation will never know what they did for this great country.  They sacrificed a lot, worked hard to get their first home and new car, saw the advent of Intersate highways, phones without operator service, plane and jet travel, rockets and space travel going from witing letters to using a typewriter manual then electric, then to computers and cellphone and all the new gadets of today, microwaves instead of good old fashion mom making a home cooked meal, Fresh food and vegetable and not having bread and milk that can sit on the shelf for weeks. The milkman making a daily delivery to your doorstep, cream that floated to the top of the milk glass bottle, the paper cap, the fuller brush man and his brooms, the bread man, the iceman, getting letters in the mail that were hand written in cursive and not an email with accronyms and widgets. And the best of all live was better and people respected each other. Instead of travel at breakneck speeds they travels around 40-50 MPH and going to grandmoms and granddads house was a nice family trip. remember the times spent at the diner table talking about what happened the excitement of things learned and the conversations and also they did not have tv but listens to radio and had to use their mind to vision in their heads what was happening. The big bands and the swing music dancing while holding onto each other and looking into each others eyes and the smiles on each others face.  This why the marriages lasted longer and there was a great bond between these two great people that you have posted a picture. And bet of all she is still standing with her husband even thought he is bound to a wheelchair.

rich HArtung 

Edited by desoto1939
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, windsor8 said:

Here’s an old Mopar story I thought was pretty cool. 

Last week end I attended my Uncles 85th Birthday celebration.  He likes old cars so I drove my 48 Dodge  club coupe to show him. He tells me he had one just like it a long time ago. He also tells me about how they rolled it one night returning from the drive in but he wasn’t driving.  My Aunt was along for that ride too and no one was hurt.  I ask if the doors popped open and they said no.  They kicked out the windshield to get out of the car. The Dodge was repaired.

Neither one could tell me what movie they saw that night.

Possibly something about submarine races?