My new L E D taillights

BobT-47P15

A while back I purchased a pair of 6 volt L E D taillights from the Technostalgia  Company.  

They have been making and selling both taillights and a brake light for P15s for several years.....but

they are12 volt.  (I believe Don Coatney has that set on his Plymouth.)  Then I noticed on eBay they

offered a 6 volt version......as my car is still 6V.  When I finally got around to calling the company,they

said they have stopped making the 6V type due to low sales.  But, since I am acquainted with Todd, the

company owner,  i asked if there was any way I could get a set.  He graciously humored me and had them

make up one more set of 6V taillights.  (I did not get the brake light).    Thanks Todd and Technostalgia.

The instructions say that if the only L E D items are the two taillights........then you "should" be able to keep

using your original signal flasher unit.  However, that did not work for me.  So, I tried another flasher sent to

me sometime back by, I think, Fred (Rockwood/Fargoes GoFar) in Canada.  It is made from clear plastic rather

than metal......and it worked for me.  So, now, I have brighter tail, stop and brake lights as well as easier to see

turn signals.  The L E D bulb pattern you see when lighted does not look original......but who cares as long as

they can be seen easier.

DSC06995[1].jpg

DSC06996[1].jpg

• Like 5

My 1948 P15 I just bought 3 months ago or so.    The previous owner had already installed a 12 volt conversion. Along with those same led 12v brake and turn signals.    Looks great.  We'll until last weekend.   Now I keep blowing the 10 amp fuse for the signals only.  Not the brake light.   So I'm chasing get that problem now.   Not sure if it's in the turn signal control on column or in the lights or wiring.   Kinda hard to narrow it down.   But I love the lights.     I believe Speedway sales them.      

Hi Bob, yes the flasher I sent you, it has a plastic housing, and it is electronic.

So no issues with a thermal activated signal flasher, where amperage draw heats the unit to produce a circuit break.

With LED bulbs, of course , have less amperage draw, and could be an issue with a thermal activated signal flasher unit....looks good and bright

• 1 month later...
On October 17, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Kool48 said:

My 1948 P15 I just bought 3 months ago or so.    The previous owner had already installed a 12 volt conversion. Along with those same led 12v brake and turn signals.    Looks great.  We'll until last weekend.   Now I keep blowing the 10 amp fuse for the signals only.  Not the brake light.   So I'm chasing get that problem now.   Not sure if it's in the turn signal control on column or in the lights or wiring.   Kinda hard to narrow it down.   But I love the lights.     I believe Speedway sales them.      

I've finally found my issue with blowing the fuse for the turn signals .   My problem ended up being in the turn signal switch ( column mount ) from Speedwaymotors. The light bulb power wire and broken off inside the housing . So when when you would go to put a left or right turn signal on it would short out causing fuse to blow.    I have repaired that as well as rewired the previous owners wiring job they did using a 22 circuit block from Speedway Motors.  I also added 2 mini led indicator lights in the dash for the turn signals.    The green ones in the  turn signal switch, you really can't see . Which it's very easy to forget to cancel signal after a turn.      But now I have theses. 2 LEDs mounted right under the cluster bezel , you won't forget there on anymore lol.  Just about done with the wiring .....