'50s MOPARS In The Movies

LODI3QTR

Five pictures and five Mopars! Hope they use the shots in the final picture! More please.:)

Let us know the name of the movie when completed so we can watch for it.

Thanks for the post.

DJ

• 2 weeks later...

The movie " The Russians are coming " has a 1946-1948 Plymouth convertible in it.

I haven't paid attention to it for a while, matter of fact, just looked for it and can't find it (didn't "search" tho).  There was a place on this forum to report P15-D24 sightings in movies.  There was a pretty good list going.  If you'uns are interested in having your cars in movies, go to your local theatrical association.  The production companies will hit them up for virtually anything registered with them as props if they're filming in your area.  Our D24 was in the remake of "Lolita" with Jeremy Irons and Dominique Swain.  In that case the El Paso Theatrical Association put ads out soliciting cars and locations to film parts of the movie.  They filmed "Last Man Standing" with Bruce Willis near El Paso at the same time, and they advertised for cars for that one, too.  And if they have too many cars that their drivers can't drive enough of them they'll even hire the owners to drive them in the movie.  For about 6 weeks, I got to drive a wide variety of period cars, it was a hoot!  I know several of you have had your cars in movies, don't know if you got to drive them.  There are companies that specialize in providing cars for movies as well, they'll often rent your car if they don't have the right era or enough cars, too. 

On 10/31/2016 at 11:42 PM, windsor8 said:

From a set of the movie "Carol" on  4th Street in Cincinnati in 2014. That's my green D 24 club coupe.

I just watched the movie "CAROL". Lots of neat old cars. Cant say much for then story line but a good watch non the less. I need to find me one of those Packard's that run at highway speed in second gear. And they mentioned a shortcut to Chicago on the interstate. The interstate highway was in its infancy in the early 50's. Brainchild of  President  Dwight D Eisenhower as landing strips for war planes. It would be cool to buy a Lionel train  and have it delivered and setup at those prices today.

12 hours ago, Don Coatney said:

I just watched the movie "CAROL". Lots of neat old cars. Cant say much for then story line but a good watch non the less.

have you seen "the finest hours"? has a few cars sprinkled throughout. not 100% sure on the models but I thought it was a pretty good film.... ( I don't need to see it again though)  

• 2 years later...
34 minutes ago, LODI3QTR said:

My 1950 Plymouth Suburban working on the set of "The Irishman"

fullsizeoutput_1a2b.jpeg

Oooh. Can't wait to see that movie!

BTW, Are you on a call list for movie cars?

34 minutes ago, LODI3QTR said: