Headers or stock exhaust manifold

1 hour ago, weasel said:

I have a stock exhaust from a 49 b1 218 23".

I will sell it for 100.00 you pay shipping.

keep offers for sale to PM's or on the for sale page please.

thanks

Jeff,

I like the setup just fine. I'm running a 230 punched out 60 over with a mild cam. The factory 2-barrel appealed to me for its simplicity. I didn't want to mess with synchronizing multiple carbs. Because the linkage is different on the cars (it comes across the head from the driver's side), I had to spin the Stromberg 180 degrees to get the throttle arm on the ride side of the motor. Then the choke housing wouldn't clear the top of the head so I had to have a block CNC'd to raise it up about 2 inches. Then it was just a matter of figuring out the linkage. Here's what it looks like...

_DSC5081.jpg

As for noticeable difference, my top speed hasn't changed all that much, but I get there a lot quicker. Also, my gas gauge needle moves a lot quicker...

Edited by Jim Shepard
  • Like 1

DSCF5562.jpg

Don't have any photos of the whole length of the run. It's pretty simple, though. The pipes run parallel on the passenger side and make a 90 degree bend in front of the rear fender. As you can see in the photo, the pipes go under the cab "stacked" one on top of the other. As soon as space allows, they are routed parallel for the rest of the run. Trying to keep the pipes as close to the same length as possible, the outside pipe, which is connected to the front header, makes the bend first. I really would have preferred to run the pipes down on either side of the truck and out the back under the tailgate. The problem I couldn't solve was the gas tank. My primary concern was keeping the pipes as close to the same length as I could. I could have run them both down the passenger side and out that side under the tailgate; however, I didn't like the "Bimmer"/Euro look of that setup...

Edited by Jim Shepard
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply, Reg.  Guess I did not ask my question very well.  

I figure it is going to be more difficult.  I just want to get a sense of how tough it will be and that there is enough room behind the headers to get in there and do it.