Pictures from The P-15 Picnic (UK)

Robin (UK)

We all enjoyed a great weekend at The P-15 Picnic and were delighted to welcome twelve 46-48 Plymouths and a Chrysler Coupe during the two days.
Saturday's cruise out was spectacular, even though the weather was atrocious, and Sunday's line-up outside Sywell Aviation Museum came with the added bonus of beautiful Autumn sunshine.
We were joined by a range of 'guest' cars. Mopars amongst them included a freshly imported 1938 DeSoto business coupe and a 1942 Chrysler.
The Museum volunteers made us very welcome and we were treated to a highly entertaining and thought-provoking tour by 'head honcho', Ben, before sharing Nina's wonderful P-15 Picnic cake.
The event was a great success and we'll be doing it all again in 2017.
We hope you enjoy the pictures...

IMG_3859.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3905.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

Edited by Robin (UK)
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, rb1949 said:

Cheers. Sounds great. Beautiful cars. You limit to 46-48's? No cake left either.

We started with the idea of a meet for P15 Plymouths.
But our 46-48 Chrysler, Dodge and DeSoto owning friends wanted to come along.
And then other marques, too, so we've thrown the doors open to all.
The parking is organised to to keep the P15s together, in the spirit of the original idea.

Very nice showing.

What's the deal with the license plates with the names of different US states on them? Do the authorities allow you to register them with custom plates?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Very nice showing.

What's the deal with the license plates with the names of different US states on them? Do the authorities allow you to register them with custom plates?

Most people running American cars tend to use US-style plates.
The height of the numbers/letters match the UK legislation but the font used and width of the characters is not strictly legal.
We are only supposed to run white/silver on black (front and back) or black on white (front) paired with black on yellow (rear), but some people run paired yellow and black, California style - you even see yellow and blue and other variations.

5 hours ago, Robin (UK) said:

Most people running American cars tend to use US-style plates.
The height of the numbers/letters match the UK legislation but the font used and width of the characters is not strictly legal.
We are only supposed to run white/silver on black (front and back) or black on white (front) paired with black on yellow (rear), but some people run paired yellow and black, California style - you even see yellow and blue and other variations.

Ok,thanks. I have a similar situation. I,and others,run a antique plate with the year of the car and the correct state on it,and carry the "real" license plate that is registered to the car inside it. That's not strictly legal either,but I  have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it.

• Like 1

Did "Charles"show up? Trying to figure how else that Chevrolet snuck in there :D

just kiddin, you guys always have a good time and great photos.. 

• Like 1

I've lived in a few states that required plates both front and back, but I just ran with a plate on the back and club plate on the front.  I never got questioned about it.  I did get pulled over once for "driving a collector vehicle after dark."  I explained to the officer that I had regular registration, buying new tabs every year, and was not bound by the state's collector registration limitations.  He was too head up to crack down on collector plate abuse to take the time to check first that I didn't have collector registration.  I've also been pulled over for using hand signals and not having operating brake lights at the corners.  I didn't get a ticket for any of these because I was right, would have gone to court to prove it, and officer would likely suffer career consequences for losing in court.