noise coming from crankshaft pully

tom'sB2B

I greased the water pump pulley. removed the belt. checked the generator pulley. the noise is coming from the crank pulley. No change with clutch in or out. Timing pointer not rubbing. seems like pulley is rubbing bottom portion of engine mount, not sure how that could happen but I cant get in there close enough to see.

I have replaced them by putting a 2x6 under the oil pan (not on the drain plug), lifted the engine with a floor jack on that lumber, high enough that the load is off the motor mount, removed the nuts from the mount studs, then pulled the mount out to replace.  You can also remove the floating power bracket from the frame with the engine lifted to get better access to the mount and for better access for cleanup.  I also take the water pump pulley off for accessibility :cool:

• Like 2