I've enabled auto image re-sizing...

Sponsored By  
P15-D24

1 hour ago, pflaming said:

Where is the auto enabler icon or whatever?  Below my "click to choose files" I read, "max total size 0.03MB". 

It does it automagically when you do the upload. 

8 hours ago, rb1949 said:

Does this apply to photos that are 'attached' and photos inserted via a link from a hosted site? Does the process reduce the file size as well as physical size?

Does it to attached photos that are uploaded to the site server. Yes it does reduce the file size. It does nothing to files on external servers that are linked.  

Mine says Max 3MB, per image. That's huge. Prior to this, attached images were always resized to the forum size limit. At that size my photos are about 450KB, about 1/6 the size limit. Plenty big. If you need a larger image to explain some detail, then host it on a free site and use the img link. I use both, having left from Photobucket and now using Picture Trail. After a photo shoot, plug in the SD card to alter. I use simple 'Paint' program and can resize oodles of photos in minutes. No techie guru stuff here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pflaming said:

"You are only allowed to upload 30.72kb"

this is the response I get when I want to add a photograph. I'm using the same camera I used before this new format.  Confused. 

Go to your profile (in the upper right corner) and select "My Attachments". At the top is a graph that displays your storage quota.
What does it indicate?  

YIKES! I thought the space allowed for attachments here  would give you around 3,000 photos. Have fun deleting 10 yr worth. Takes some extra effort to do the free photo service sites. But good to make albums, and your images are stored should disaster strike your computer. Of course you back up stuff on an external hard drive too?

Grand kids are great help getting this suggestions  done. ;)

DJ