53 plymouth control arm bent

SpringHeeledJack_53

I was tearing down the front end of the car to replace the king pins and while cleaning all the parts i noticed the right hand upper and lower control arms are bent where the outer pins go. The upper when on a flat surface sits flat at the inner pivot but has about a 1/4 or more gap on one side. On the lower arm i have to pry one side up/down to align the pin when installing. Will this effect the camber adjustments or should i get a new arm? I have seen a few Moog and used arms on the ebay but for a 41-50...any difference between a 41-50 arm and 51-54 arm? Id hate to buy a new used arm with the same problem. 

Any help and/or advice will be much appreciated!

As far as I know the upper arms are the same from 1941-1954, stock they are pressed steel, 2 pieces welded together...the Moog replacement parts are one piece cast steel.....either stock or Moog arms use the same inner & outer pivot pins & bushes........the lower arms 1940-54 are the same basic shape & size but the 42 or 46 onwards have the sway bar mounted into the lower arm.......the inner & outer lower pins are the same 1940-54  .........my 1940 Oz Dodge(US based 1940 Plymouth) has Moog cast steel upper arms with 1940 lower arms and 1940 spindles.........the outer pins on top and bottom should just screw straight in without having to pry either side up or down........I'd be trying to obtain another set if possible, tho' as the originals are steel maybe try to straighten them using a small amount of heat as a temporary measure but replacements might be a better option in the long term................regards from Oz........andyd.   

1939 & 40 upper arms are the same, but different to the 1941-54 arms which are an "x" style.....1939 upper inner pins use 2 bolts to hold to the chassis whereas 1940-54 use the same 4 bolt pattern.......there is a difference between the standard wheelbase 6 cylinder Plymouth and Dodge and the long wheelbase, 8 cylinder De Soto/Chrysler parts which are larger, longer, wider............as Plymouth was only ever a 6 cylinder up to 1954 any listed for the 41-54 years should be fine........at least that's what I've always seen............for example Bernbaums list the same part with their internal part number for 1941-54 Plymouth, Dodge, Desoto & Chrysler 6 cylinder cars..........I have not seen any cast steel arms other than those by Moog and as mentioned they are what I used with the standard mopar pins and bushes..........I'd be surprised if any aftermarket supplier changed the basic design of the pins & bushes to suit "their" arms as it just wouldn't have made sense to do something like that.........andyd