Maine Trek to WPC Event

greg g

Just returned from our trip to Belfast Maine for the WPC meet.  Turn out was a little disappointing our class 46 to 54 had the largest turn out with 12 cars, there were 3 prewar vehicles and the rest were 59 and newer.  We had a good trip caravaning with Mark D, Rich W, and Mike M, through the hills and valleys of Mass, NH, and Maine.  Did the circle of Acadia National Park on the Auto Loop. Climbed Mt. Cadillac in the park, 3rd gear all the way up, 2nd gear all the way down. Shared the area roads with the NE Classic Car Association, Packards, Cadillacs, Lincolns, and other "true" classics, several Buggatis touring as a group, what looked like the Winnebago Dealers of America Association (32, they were numbered, Identical new Motorhomes traveling en masse) and of course Mopars all out and about on RT 1 and other roads.  

We logged 1341 miles, without so much as a hiccup.  Used 71.6 gallons of gas, 18.7 mpg, and 1 quart of oil. Saw the sea, ate some Lobster, sampled some local brews, all in all an enjoyable week.

Signs seen along the way;  JUST OIL and more.   Home decor and Chocolate, Rustic Furniture and Fudge, and

Wild Raspberries.  Call to order. (some sort of Rogers Rules of Parliamentary Procedure thing I guess) 

Will get some pictures up as soon as I unpack my Camera or finish my nap, which ever comes first.  here are a few teasers from Mark D's FB  Mark, Mike and I ready to saddle up from Lancaster, Mass, the gathering at the rented homestead in Belfast, Near the Penobescott Narrows Bridge on the Way to Acadia Park,and on the Auto loop in Acadia NP.

maine1a.jpg

maine1.jpg

maine2.jpg

manie3.jpg

• Like 2