DLK

Has anyone else looked up their car model on Wikipedia only to find a picture of THEIR CAR?  Just for the heck of it I pulled up the article on the Dodge Wayfarer and when I got to 1950 I thought "Hey someone else has one the same color as mine!".  I looked closer and it was my car - a picture taken at the W.P.C. National meet her in Minnesota several years ago.  Appearance-wise about all that has changed since that picture is the addition of Diamondback wide whitewalls.

What I found amazing was the comment in the footnote saying it was too bad the car was lowered and has custom wheels.  I have slightly sagging springs - my car is not lowered and those "custom wheels" are Dodge wheel covers that probably date from the early 50's. :)

Wayfarer July 2016.jpg

• Like 2

My 41 Windsor Coupe was not listed on Wikipedia. But when I was researching the model on Google, before I bought the car, pictures of it appear from 2009 at an auction in Hersey, Pennsylvania and 2010 in Montreal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JerseyHarold said:

I was searching '1952 Plymouth' earlier this year and found this picture of my former Cranbrook on Flickr.  I sold the car in 1988 and the picture was taken in 2003.  The Maaco paint job was holding -up pretty well.  Probably should have kept the car....

5881582155_033a636e5f_b.jpg

A lot of us let one go we should have kept. I bought a 1947 p-15 4 door in 1996 and sold it in 2000.  As much as I like my Dodge I would love to have that car back.