tranny rebuilder

DLK

The clutch throwout bearing went on my Wayfarer.  I need to have the transmission pulled to fix that obviously.  Here's my question.  The synchronizer gear is worn so I can't shift from 2nd the 3rd without the gears grinding unless I shift as a snails pace.  I am wondering if someone can recommend a shop or person that rebuilds these 3 speeds as long as I am pulling it?  I thought I read something on here a couple years back but my search did not bring it up.  Minnesota would be nice but I guess I could ship it if I have to.

This is going to sound too easy, i would go to some shows or a coupla cruise nights and ask everyone who will listen....or go to your local trans shop and see if they know any old timers....last that comes to mind is vintage powerwagons in fairfield iowa....they might know guy who knows a guy....lol get a hemmings look for minnesota vendors...ask more questions....do some footwork or let your fingers do the walking....maybe frenchs salvage knows or has a tranny for you????

Well we pulled tranny and throwout bearing was fine. I never heard of this - but rear plate on fluid drive unit was loose (not repairable). Found a guaranteed fluid drive unit in SD. Also found a local transmission rebuilder. For what I have sunk in this low resale value car I could have taken a nice trip to Europe or Australia with the wife - but the car has been 7 years (hopefully many more) of mostly fun.