Hershey AACA Fall Swap meet and car Show

desoto1939

Ok, well we are only less than a month to go and the great car show and swap meet will again be held in Hershey PA starting Wed Oct 5 to Saturday Oct 8,2016

For anyone that has never been to this event there are approx. 8-10000 venders yes that is a correct number. The event is held on paved parking lots, but remember there is always the chance of the liquid sunshine or otherwise know as RAIN. so bring your rain gear along.

Is there any members that are planning to atend and if so list the days that you might be attending the event.  It would be nice if we all could get together on a specific day to meet each other to say hello and put a face to some of the members that have been posting articles on this forum. 

If you plan to attend then list your name dates and cellphone number if you wan to.  If there are several people attending then I will try to arrange a date and time and specific meeting location.

So who is in to going?

Rich Hartung  Thursday and Friday  Oct 6/7   cell 484-431-8157

Hi Rich,

I'll be there Thursday & Friday. Last attended Hershey in '77!

Walt Redmond   cell 248-417-2198

Walt:  A lot has change since 1977. All of the dirt fields are no longer used.  The old White field which was the airport is just used for overflow parking.  The chocolate field, Green Field is all now paved parking lots. The parking lot over by the old stadium is also full of vendors when you were there they used this section for the car show.  The car show is now held on the Golf course.  It is  huge and wear good comfortable walking shoes because your will have tired feet at the end of the day. the old Red field which had the major hill in the middle is also gone they are now using this section as part of the amusement park.

Looking forward to meeting up with you.

Rich Hartung

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rich,

I'm surprised that we haven't picked up some more Hershey travelers, with their CELL PHONE NUMBERS!

I'm coming down with Tom Langdon, and will be there Tuesday thru Friday.

Walt Redmond

248-417-2198

OK. If you can still read the webpage we will be meeting on Wednesday Oct 5th at 12 NOON on the Top at the middle of the bridge o walkway that crosses over from the Chocolate field into the GREEN Field.  Several members have already been updated.  I will be leaving on Wednesday morning around 7 Am so if you want to contact me then reach me on my cell phone 484-431-8157

Rich Hartung  Desoto1939@aol.com