Some cylinder head CC infor cribbed from another site

greg g

No certification that the heads were unmolested but this was posted in a Plymouth thread elsewhere on the web.

I keep hearing guys flap about how putting an early Plymouth head on a later engine makes more compression and more power. This always struck me as foolish due to the low compression of the early motors. 

Today I got around to CCing three heads. The right hand one is a 54 head, center is a 37 P4 head and the left is a 36 P1 head. The P4 and the 54 head are EXACTLY the same 85cc(note the updated combustion chamber shape on the 54 head.)
The P1 head is larger at 88cc's. 

I don't see no beer either.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, greg g said:

No certification that the heads were unmolested but this was posted in a Plymouth thread elsewhere on the web.

I keep hearing guys flap about how putting an early Plymouth head on a later engine makes more compression and more power. This always struck me as foolish due to the low compression of the early motors. 

Today I got around to CCing three heads. The right hand one is a 54 head, center is a 37 P4 head and the left is a 36 P1 head. The P4 and the 54 head are EXACTLY the same 85cc(note the updated combustion chamber shape on the 54 head.)
The P1 head is larger at 88cc's. 

Yes I read this, and posted on that HAMB thread too Greg.

The OP is a guy who has all the answers, so not sure what he is getting at.

Tim Kingsbury, has a lot of info and stats for theses engines the heads, the cam profiles etc.

This same guy has been on this forum, but did not hang around , he did not see eye to eye with a few members, no big surprise there.