Welcome to the updated P15-D24.com SIte!

Sponsored By  

17 hours ago, TodFitch said:

Hmmm. Not only do I not see a notification that a post has been reported, I don't even see the report button on posts. Might be one for GTK to look into or explain.

Edit: I see the report post link now. Still don't see it show up in the moderator stuff.

yah I was looking to see if we get a notification somehow...quick someone do something to report!  :P

Edited by TodFitch

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:30 AM, shel_ny said:

Where did the "members" list go?

MEMBERS is now under the search function.....see..using search is going to be necessary now....lol     go to search, type in user name you looking for.....then click all content to left and select MEMBER instead...takes you to that member where you can see profile and options to explore their content....

you can leave search open, click members in the drop down...this will bring entire members list by numeric/alpha listing...other advanced buttons also.....go exploring...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

On August 29, 2016 at 8:49 PM, P15-D24 said:

As Tod noted I was running our of time to keep on supported software. Security is a major issue for online sites and the vendors only want to support current versions. To IPS credit, they gave customers 2 years to migrate to the new version. (Drop dead for the old version is Dec 2016.)  The new version has a lot of new functionality, which quite frankly you can ignore if you don't want to use it. The forums are the same, just click on "Unread Content" in the upper right and your will see the new posts for the day. Or just browse the forums like the old site. If you have a smartphone or table, it is now formatted for those devices automatically. 

I have a couple of web sites and I can tell you, hackers, primarily Russian and Chinese hackers, want to hack these type of sites and take over the servers.  A few years ago I had one hacked so badly. I ended up deleting the entire site and started over. There was just no way to know what all they compromised. 

They use the servers for malicious software repositories where it makes it harder to trace where they are coming from. Basically they distribute code to steal and then house the results on hacked sites. Software like this forum is complex, and therefore full of hackable opportunities. It eventually makes more sense to refactor the code and do a complete upgrade and retire the old code.

Good job on the upgrades and keeping it alive and running. 

I have spent a few days roaming around the new layout and have to give it two thumbs up!  While it will take some time to find things, learn new terminology and navigation, I think it's an improvement.

Thanks for all that you do to support our hobby...or as my wife calls it, my addiction!

I have to say that the blue background is easier on my eyes :D

7 hours ago, mattimuss said:

I have spent a few days roaming around the new layout and have to give it two thumbs up!  While it will take some time to find things, learn new terminology and navigation, I think it's an improvement.

Thanks for all that you do to support our hobby...or as my wife calls it, my addiction!

I have to say that the blue background is easier on my eyes :D

Thank you!

7 hours ago, ssnowden said:

I have a couple of web sites and I can tell you, hackers, primarily Russian and Chinese hackers, want to hack these type of sites and take over the servers.  A few years ago I had one hacked so badly. I ended up deleting the entire site and started over. There was just no way to know what all they compromised. 

They use the servers for malicious software repositories where it makes it harder to trace where they are coming from. Basically they distribute code to steal and then house the results on hacked sites. Software like this forum is complex, and therefore full of hackable opportunities. It eventually makes more sense to refactor the code and do a complete upgrade and retire the old code.

Good job on the upgrades and keeping it alive and running. 

This is very true. I have seen similar attacks on my other website mercury-sail.com  The good news is both Invision Power Services (IPS) and our hosting company (Pair.com) are very aggressive staying current on security patches and site monitoring for attacks. We also have a comprehensive backup strategy if we are attacked.   

Note to mobile users, specifically smart phones: Currently ads from google are not being rendered correctly on phones, pushing the navigation menu far to the right off screen. Should have a fix in a couple days. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 6:16 PM, Don Coatney said:

GTK, Without your creating this site Tim and I most likely would have never met. And that goes for several more folks who participate here. So once again thanks. It is fun!

Ditto,  awesome job