Welcome to the updated P15-D24.com SIte!

Sponsored By  

Another FYI...

I don't think any functions were dropped in this release, but their method of execution might be different. This release uses a lot of "hover" events, that is you hold your mouse on an item and something happens. If you can't find it just keep posting the questions and we will get it figured out. If another member already has the answer, please jump in!

I'm still working my way through the hundreds of new configuration options in the admin center.

Other good news is the indexing is almost finished, working on the last and largest task, indexing posts. (500K posts and 87% done!)  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P15-D24 said:

Try clicking on the triangle under your user name in the upper right and select "Manage Followed Content".

Sorry for asking in two spots but wasn't sure who was looking at what...

....still get the message "There's nothing here yet"

My link to the forum said site not found AFTER the upgrade. Now it is working.

The page I go to: http://p15-d24.com/forum/3-the-forums-of-p15-d24com-mopar-cars-and-trucks-from-mid-1930s-to-late-1950s/

Still has the banner ad at the bottom suggesting PICTURE CLASSIFIED ADS (which stopped before the upgrade)

The classified "link" to buy/sell is only on the home page. I never go there..Why isn't it on EVERY page? You still have a topic "Buy/Sell Ads", dated 2013. Either update what you offer, or remove that ancient post/change it.

YOUR ANSWER: Roll over the topic title with your mouse to see the last reply posted without having to go to the thread. The number of "Answers" (aka replies) is displayed on the right. 25 answers per page.

ME: Sorry, I'm not going to waste my time "mousing over" topic after topic. The last reply used to be visible, now it is not. Bad idea. Put it back the other way.

Enough whining. For now.

Any hints on voting replies up or down? There is a post in the truck section that got voted down. So I read the new replies and then get that voted down old one at the bottom....

3 hours ago, Young Ed said:

Any hints on voting replies up or down? There is a post in the truck section that got voted down. So I read the new replies and then get that voted down old one at the bottom....

Looks like there are up and down triangles on the left above and below a number. I think that might be how to vote a post up or down.

I haven't looked to see if you can sort the reply list for topic by the voting. . .

Go to the Activity tab and take a gander...this is the view from my pc; the view from my tablet is slightly different, showing a single column of member profiles as opposed to rows of profiles :cool:

MemberSearch.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
updated information
  • Like 2

Well, for what it's worth, I like it.  I'm probably among the furthest removed from being computer literate, so all the nuances tend to be lost with me.  I have "Computer Alzheimer's" anyway - I usually have to learn/relearn what I'm doing every time I visit sites.  Something new to explore and keep the mind sharp - if that's possible :cool:   

it will take some time to feel at home in the new digs...

a few things when you have a chance:

Moderation:  will there be a notification somehow liek the old board?  Or shoudl I just wait for the inevitable transgression to occur and report to find out?

Mobile version: on my phone the site is not easy to nav, is there a moblie version I'm not seeing?

Thanks and we'll muddle our way thru!

10 hours ago, JBNeal said:

Go to the Activity tab and take a gander...this is the view from my pc; the view from my tablet is slightly different, showing a single column of member profiles as opposed to rows of profiles :cool:

MemberSearch.jpg

Thanks for the guidance on that.   I believe I will miss the alphabetical setup where I could skip to a section looking for a member when I could not remember the complete/exact ID.

An interesting thing.  Well at least to me.  My post count jumped dramatically as the transition to this new set up was somehow still aware of all the posts which I had deleted (pre-bulletin board when you could still delete) as a clean up as they were no longer relevant, or served no purpose.

21 hours ago, P15-D24 said:

Try clicking on the triangle under your user name in the upper right and select "Manage Followed Content".

...big difference between "articles" and "topics".........all good now.

Edited by wayfarer

1 hour ago, wayfarer said:

...big difference between "articles" and "topics".........all good now.

So you found them under under Topics, not articles?

6 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

Moderation:  will there be a notification somehow liek the old board?  Or shoudl I just wait for the inevitable transgression to occur and report to find out?

Check the down triangle under your user name, upper right. Mod Center should be listed. 

9 minutes ago, Don Coatney said:

What I see is

CONTENT

MY ATTACHMENTS

SETTINGS

MANAGE FOLLOWED CONTENT

ACCOUNT SETTINGS

IGNORED USERS

SIGN OUT

Last I checked, you are not a moderator on this site. The moderators see a slightly different set if items in that pull down.

But the question remains: If a post is reported to the moderators, do they (the moderators) see a red notification icon on the top of the page or do we have to periodically check the moderator control panel.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TodFitch said:

Last I checked, you are not a moderator on this site. The moderators see a slightly different set if items in that pull down.

But the question remains: If a post is reported to the moderators, do they (the moderators) see a red notification icon on the top of the page or do we have to periodically check the moderator control panel.

Tod, you are correct. I am not a moderator and if I were everyone would be it jeopardy:eek:.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

However I just reported your posting as a test.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don Coatney said:

Tod, you are correct. I am not a moderator and if I were everyone would be it jeopardy:eek:.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

However I just reported your posting as a test.

Hmmm. Not only do I not see a notification that a post has been reported, I don't even see the report button on posts. Might be one for GTK to look into or explain.

Edit: I see the report post link now. Still don't see it show up in the moderator stuff.

19 hours ago, JBNeal said:

MemberSearch.jpg

...and for those of us who do not 'see' the above screen?

"activity" then "search" does not = members.  Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, wayfarer said:

...and for those of us who do not 'see' the above screen?

"activity" then "search" does not = members.  Any suggestions?

Do Member Search tab, All for the filter