Welcome to the updated P15-D24.com SIte!

Sponsored By  

We are back online with a lot of changes! After log in take some time to explore the different features. The feature set isn't final at this time but I want members to try them and see what they like and what may need to be changed. 

That said if you see any weird errors while checking out the site, email me at info@p15-d24.com, not the support page. We have updated 100s of thousands of files and something as simple as a missed file privilege can cause an error.  And post your feedback below.

If you see missing images or thumbnails that is probably caused by the cache and rebuilding process running in the background right now. I dealy they should finish overnight as the more user to the site causes them to run faster. 

Also post your questions in this thread during the initial rollout.

Enjoy,

GT

• Like 2

Am I missing the ability to go to the last posted comment in a thread?  Seems like you need to click on the first post then scroll through the list to get to the most recent if viewing from the separate forum headers.  Haven't pushed all the buttons yet but this one seems to be missing except for the new content pages.

38 minutes ago, Todd B said:

I "VERY MUCH" appreciate what you do for this site but I must ask. Why would you make such dramatic changes to something that was awesome.

If you read his post from last week, the old version of software was no longer being supported by the vendor and to keep the nefarious out you want to keep up to date with all the security fixes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, greg g said:

Am I missing the ability to go to the last posted comment in a thread?  Seems like you need to click on the first post then scroll through the list to get to the most recent if viewing from the separate forum headers.  Haven't pushed all the buttons yet but this one seems to be missing except for the new content pages.

In a forum if you hold your mouse over the thread title you have the option to view the last comment by clicking on "Latest Answer", It one is designated you will also see "Best Answer". The double >> in the thread header ( and bottom) next to the page numbers will take you to the last page

oh the RED......how to get rid of this....the old page allowed us to set our background colors...please tell me this is so here...have look but cannot see it yet....many friendly features are missing..

delay that last comment...found t he color toggle switch.....awe....cool blue....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

54 minutes ago, Todd B said:

I "VERY MUCH" appreciate what you do for this site but I must ask. Why would you make such dramatic changes to something that was awesome.

As Tod noted I was running our of time to keep on supported software. Security is a major issue for online sites and the vendors only want to support current versions. To IPS credit, they gave customers 2 years to migrate to the new version. (Drop dead for the old version is Dec 2016.)  The new version has a lot of new functionality, which quite frankly you can ignore if you don't want to use it. The forums are the same, just click on "Unread Content" in the upper right and your will see the new posts for the day. Or just browse the forums like the old site. If you have a smartphone or table, it is now formatted for those devices automatically. 

13 minutes ago, P15-D24 said:

As Tod noted I was running our of time to keep on supported software. Security is a major issue for online sites and the vendors only want to support current versions. To IPS credit, they gave customers 2 years to migrate to the new version. (Drop dead for the old version is Dec 2016.)  The new version has a lot of new functionality, which quite frankly you can ignore if you don't want to use it. The forums are the same, just click on "Unread Content" in the upper right and your will see the new posts for the day. Or just browse the forums like the old site. If you have a smartphone or table, it is now formatted for those devices automatically. 

I really do not read every new content..honestly I can say I many read only 25% of new posts......I like the fact in the old forum it opened to last unread reply in a thread and not at the top of the thread on page one...I see no toggle to sort post as in latest at top of page either...browsing as on the old forum is not functionally the same....also you could mark a thread read without even opening anything...are we going to be getting some of these features back.  The question column at top....can this eventually be an item we can eliminate from display altogether..like when we had the blogs to the right of the main page we could hide it entirely as some folks never blogs...I know this is a number of gigs on a first day application but you did ask for feedback....thanks...sure there will be more and more concerns...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

2 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I really do not read every new content..honestly I can say I many read only 25% of new posts......I like the fact in the old forum it opened to last unread reply in a thread and not at the top of the thread on page one...I see no toggle to sort post as in latest at top of page either...also you could mark a thread read without even opening anything...are we going to be getting some of these features back.  The question column at top....can this eventually be an item we can eliminate from display altogether..like when we had the blogs to the right of the main page we could hide it entirely as some folks never blogs...I know this is a number of gigs on a first day application but you did ask for feedback....thanks...sure there will be more and more concerns...

I suspect their is a view preference for the viewing order which you can set, I just don't know where yet. I think the Activity menu choice at the top may have the options you want, but I'm not that familiar with them yet. (It's a new release for me too!) I'm hoping the question column is again a view option but I will check it out. Good feedback.

To mark an individual thread read, mouse over the title and a preview window pops and you can mark the thread read. It only appears if it has new content.  

found a few of the crumbs.....for the most part it is a mirror once you trip about a bit....hovering does allow nice options ....still hate the EXPLORE QUESTION banner and would by nice to toggle this on and off per user to eliminate clutter...good to see blogs are not in  your face on login...

Just put a support ticket in on Explore Question section with IPS. Figured some would love it, others not. Also their may be a third party solution.  

4 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

oh the RED......how to get rid of this....the old page allowed us to set our background colors...please tell me this is so here...have look but cannot see it yet....many friendly features are missing..

delay that last comment...found t he color toggle switch.....awe....cool blue....

PA where's the color toggle switch?  I also do not care for the red.

Finally got in, after "site not found" errors. Now to bounce around and enjoy the changes. What's with this box that pops up on EVERY click, do you want notifications? That's annoying. I see topics show who started it and when, then only show the number of replies. It used to display who made the last comment and when. Nor does it show the number of pages in that topic. Why is the link to classified only shown on one page? Will be happy to read and post. Hope your work for this major change is successful.

2 hours ago, casper50 said:

PA where's the color toggle switch?  I also do not care for the red.

I wondered the same myself ??

Click the 'Theme' drop-down button at bottom-center of the main page and click on default. Blue looks much nicer!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rb1949 said:

Finally got in, after "site not found" errors. Now to bounce around and enjoy the changes. What's with this box that pops up on EVERY click, do you want notifications? That's annoying. I see topics show who started it and when, then only show the number of replies. It used to display who made the last comment and when. Nor does it show the number of pages in that topic. Why is the link to classified only shown on one page? Will be happy to read and post. Hope your work for this major change is successful.

Site not found errors are due to an incorrect URL in your bookmark. Years ago the URL had the server path name ( i.e. pair server.somethng) but that has been fixed for quite some time. Always use p15-d24.com and you will arrive at the site. (Alternatives that also work are p15d24.com or pilot-house.com) 

The notifications box has a drop down in the corner where you can turn it off. It is a nice feature if you want to get notifications from the site without being on the site. On Mac they go to the notification center so you can decide if you want to go visit the site based on a new topic. I don't know what the Windows version of Notification Center is called but I'm sure they have a similar function. 

Roll over the topic title with your mouse to see the last reply posted without having to go to the thread. The number of "Answers" (aka replies) is displayed on the right. 25 answers per page.

The old Classified section is gone. Use the Classified Ads section at the bottom of the regular forums. Where did you see a link to the Classified section? 

Take some time to explore some of the new features, might find some you really like. A lot of the feature are focused for the more "socially active" type member (Think Facebook, Twiltter, etc) with the intent to help bring the site into the bigger "social" aspect of the internet. Many of the "younger generation" are in tune with this social aspect of sharing info so it just helps get the word out.  (FYI my 84 year old mother in law is on Facebook with he iPhone so it's not just the "younger generation" getting social. :)  )

What happened to 'the content that I follow'? How do I get it back?

If I happen to be on a thread that I was following then it is labeled as such but I cannot seem to find the list....

5 minutes ago, wayfarer said:

What happened to 'the content that I follow'? How do I get it back?

If I happen to be on a thread that I was following then it is labeled as such but I cannot seem to find the list....

Try clicking on the triangle under your user name in the upper right and select "Manage Followed Content".