Just drug home another

Randall_pitz

Looks good to me.  Not so sure it looks so good to the woman in the photo though.  She doesn't look so excited about it.  Looks as if she's scratching her head wondering what you're going to bring home next.  lol

Edited by casper50
  • Like 3

got to love the D19 business coupe....it is this early design where the fenders stop at the cowl that I like....the D24's with the flowing into the door fender bulge is ok but does not rock my boat like the D19,  congrats on your purchase....I have a D19 Business coupe and a D19 Town Sedan and as for the comment on the lady in the photo.....what will she look like at age 75, keep it all in perspective.

Looks to be at least 10x better than my 42 Dodge biz coupe,and I bought it anyway,so I'm not sure how much my opinion is worth.

• Like 1

It just didn't have the boards the car is pretty solid other than the rockers and Is missing the bench seat but has almost everything else I plan on a 318 swap. it still has the six but after doing the v8 swap to my 48 and seeing how nice it freeway cruises I can't help my self.

is this a true running board delete or just that they not on the car? 

Don't know about the Plymouths,but my 42 Dodge biz coupe doesn't have running boards and never did.

knuckleharley, on 28 Aug 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

Don't know about the Plymouths,but my 42 Dodge biz coupe doesn't have running boards and never did.

and that is why I asked what one he had.......and if you look close...that is a DODGE  D19  :)

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

and that is why I asked what one he had.......and if you look close...that is a DODGE  D19  :)

OOOPS!

OOOPS!

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night or else I may have missed it also...

dropped a fuel tank this morning...can anyone say stink and creepy crud at the same time......and if you think we have problems with these 40/50 cars...try getting one for a 61 A body......lol

Shel_ny I found all the trim in the trunk with a few extra plus an extra grill

You're lucky. Not only were all the spare parts that were supposed to be going with the 42 missing when it arrived and opened the trunk,the bottom of the trunk was mostly missing.

I called the seller to ask about the missing carb,missing distributor,missing air cleaner,missing hubcaps,and the whole trunk full of garnish and other trim parts that were supposed to have been a part of the deal,and he casually informs me that his son had came by to help pump up the tires and move the car around front so my trucker could load it,and mentioned he knew where he could sell all that stuff. I guess he took it."

Just like it wasn't stealing.

BTW,there wasn't ONE piece of chrome trim on the car that wasn't rusted away and/or so beaten up it was useless. Even the headlight buckets were rusted out and the bumpers were too pitted to have rechromed. This after the guy told me the rust I could see in the photos was only surface rust. The whole inner rockers were gone,and if it hadn't been for the gas tank the trunk wouldn't have had a floor.

BTW,I just remembered that the trunk lid springs were both missing,too. Anybody have a set for a 42 Dodge business coupe they want to sell?

Edited by knuckleharley