Wheel color opinions requested

Mr.Dids

You've got a rather sedate looking color on the truck and it's all one color so I'd choose a rather sedate color for the wheels as well.  I wouldn't use the same color as the truck, you already have enough of that on it right now.  I'd pick a complimentary color, a shade or two lighter than the truck itself, one that .will draw the eyes to the wheels but not hold them there.  The wheels should compliment the truck unless you want the wheels to be the focal point.  If that's what you want, any bright color will do.  Gray will go with anything..

I two toned a car in red last summer and I can tell you for a fact that not all reds compliment each other.  I went through a half dozen sprayouts before getting a pair of reds that worked well together.  The same goes for grays or any other color for that matter.

chance4.jpg

Good , but, Red wheels would make just  perfect for him!

I'll throw my opinion in here.  The stock steel wheels (or similar) look best on these trucks.  They are not styled to be hot rods or customs, but good 'ol work trucks.  A low gloss white  would go well with that color and while you are at it, try flipping the tires around for an all black wall.  The biggest issue I see right now is the style of wheel as opposed to the color - wagon wheels just don't seem to jive with the rest of the truck.  Good Luck. 

• 2 weeks later...

Darker paint will showoff the beauty rims more than a light color.  Id go along with dark red...

you must have obeyed all traffic laws not to know them wheels...

follow the ad below...I get the idea this guy needs to get some serious Christmas cash to get himself out of hock with the wifey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-4-MOPAR-Cop-Wheels-Police-15x7-Steel-Slotted-Rims-Dodge-Red-Ring-Dog-Dish-/172025016374?hash=item280d7d7036:g:bpMAAOSw-KFXcehR&vxp=mtr

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I got a nice set of the matching hubcaps here, per some sources also gold plated...lol....greatly depends on the source of supply the very price...this e-bayer is like most..hoping to snag a buyer to lazy to beat the bushes himself.   Set of prepped rims such as those I have seen at less than half that price. Many folks think these to be the holy grail of steel rims...and they getting to be less available...so I may be out of touch with the going price OR missed  an opportunity to buy low and sell high...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Those aren't even the hubcaps that I typically see bring big $. The vented caps that go with those cop wheels get pricey. As for the wheels I believe they are being reproduced now. I'll have 2 when I get them from the neighbor will have to hunt down more to make a set.