Wheel color opinions requested

Mr.Dids

My wheels desperately need painted. Below are some overall pics of the truck as a whole as well as a tighter shot of a wheel. They are currently white and the truck is a medium to dark grey. The wheels have stainless beauty rings which I intend to polish and reuse.

My question is: What color do I paint the wheels?

Possibilities in my mind include: white, black, matching grey, complimentary grey (probably lighter than body color), and bronze (this color looks nice on grey but I don't have anything else that color on the outside) I'm at an impasse and looking for opinions.

post-7946-0-97640400-1472312108_thumb.jpg

post-7946-0-46232700-1472312121_thumb.jpg

post-7946-0-59982000-1472312132_thumb.jpg

I have to ask if these are trailer rims or actual vehicle rims.....Ford used to make a set of rims with a similar pattern and are street legal for vehicle application.  

As for color, off the top of my head I say body color with stainless/chrome trim ring and possible attachment of spider caps...

Argent silver would be my second choice followed by everyday black...

• Like 2

I have to ask if these are trailer rims or actual vehicle rims.....Ford used to make a set of rims with a similar pattern and are street legal for vehicle application.  

As for color, off the top of my head I say body color with stainless/chrome trim ring and possible attachment of spider caps...

Argent silver would be my second choice followed by everyday black...

Nope, busted. They are trailer wheels. My originals were shot and these are serving to move it and test drive (I live well off the beaten path) until I find suitable replacements. Since they've been on, the white is growing on me but I'm not sure.

Oh, and I'm not sure what you mean by spider caps.

As stated rims are personal, so since you asked, in my opinion you have a very unique color and I would use different rims. To my eye the color is too  sophisticated for those rims. So I would change rims. I see some purple in the color thus a nice gray or deep charcoal with a thin beauty ring would be where I would start. A soft blue might work also. NOW IF you are an alternate lifestyle person, then you  might use pink or green or yellow! LOL 

I like the color very unusual. 

Nope, busted. They are trailer wheels. My originals were shot and these are serving to move it and test drive (I live well off the beaten path) until I find suitable replacements. Since they've been on, the white is growing on me but I'm not sure.

Oh, and I'm not sure what you mean by spider caps.

Take it as you will but I've heard that using those trailer wheels on a car is a bad idea. Supposedly the trailer wheels aren't built to withstand the forces of turning. 

If you want the truck to stand out at a show- -Red !

Edit- red you will probably fit in better? :rolleyes:

DJ

get rid of those trailer wheels now, unsafe for your truck application at about any speed outside of hand pushing the truck.....if you like that pattern....check mid 80's Ford truck wheel..they have the wagon wheel look...can be had at about any junk yard.  I put similar on my 41 Dodge...you can barely see them in this picture....and for the guy who said country cream...this is your color....Bill Blass Blue (Lincoln designer series color) and Country Cream

red wheels would be right at home if momma would allow you to paint Maggie's Whore House on the side of the doors in matching red letters...red was only made popular by a band of thugs in the 50's who broke into the local fire house and stole 30 gallons of red paint...(Ford and Chevy owners they were, so busy buying parts trying to keep the engine running in them beast they had no money to put toward paint...)

post-19-0-24691800-1472335141_thumb.jpg

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

Easy decision - "Resale Red"  ... But don't waste time on those wheels. ;)

• Like 1