Vintage Sharp Head & Fenton Intake

Silverdome

Hello,

I recently received a Sharp PD3 Aluminum head and a Fenton intake setup for 2 single barrels. They fit the Dodge or Plymouth 23-1/2" engines. Both are vintage items that I know have been in existence at least 30 or more years. They are not for sale. Does anybody have any experience with these? Any specs or personal experiences with these items is welcomed.

Edited by Silverdome

I have been running dual carter B1B's on a Fenton intake for 10 years with no issues.  I added longer studs and use 1 inch phenolic blocks under the carbs to mitigate heat transfer and to raise them up a little so the linkage runs more level from the bell crank.  I am running about 8.5 to 1 compression ratio with a milled head and decked block.  Fuel mileage actually increased with this set up from 17 to 19 to 20.  I also put a stainless steel blocker between the intake and the exhaust manifold and have welded my heat riser flat in the horizontal position. I do not regularly run the car in cold temps but I have run it in the 20's and 30's with no issues driving in those temperatures. One nod I gave to cold weather operation was zip tying my heater hose to the manifold.  But unless I open the heater valve to feed the heater, I guess it doesn't have much effect.

I have been running dual carter B1B's on a Fenton intake for 10 years with no issues.  I added longer studs and use 1 inch phenolic blocks under the carbs to mitigate heat transfer and to raise them up a little so the linkage runs more level from the bell crank.

Greg,where did you get those phenolic 1 inch spacers for a single barrel carb? I haven't been able to find any anywhere.

I have been running dual carter B1B's on a Fenton intake for 10 years with no issues.  I added longer studs and use 1 inch phenolic blocks under the carbs to mitigate heat transfer and to raise them up a little so the linkage runs more level from the bell crank.  I am running about 8.5 to 1 compression ratio with a milled head and decked block.  Fuel mileage actually increased with this set up from 17 to 19 to 20.  I also put a stainless steel blocker between the intake and the exhaust manifold and have welded my heat riser flat in the horizontal position. I do not regularly run the car in cold temps but I have run it in the 20's and 30's with no issues driving in those temperatures. One nod I gave to cold weather operation was zip tying my heater hose to the manifold.  But unless I open the heater valve to feed the heater, I guess it doesn't have much effect.

Greg, thanks for your input. Can you upload a picture of your setup? What jets are you running? Are there any other modifications to the carbs?

Got the carbs from George Ashe, made my own linkage from hardware and go kart steering parts, I can PM you some pics tomorrow.

I appreciate any help I can get.

15 hours ago, Don Coatney said:

This is the linkage setup George Asche used 10-12 years ago. He has now changed to s different style.

assembly_3111.jpg

This is what he now uses. Believe he has these currently for sale.

MVC-002F.jpg

That pivot on the head looks similar to what's on the head. Got any idea of what he charges for that set up and if it fits the Fenton intake? Looks like some spacers are in store.

Edited by Silverdome
Had another comment