get out there and mingle

Brent B3B

Half the fun of this hobby for me, is getting to meet the people who share the same passion.  

please feel free to add your photos of you and forum members you met to this thread (along with a classic)

this year I have been fortunate enough to do some traveling and meet and visit with some folks. it started in April at the BBQ in CA. unfortunately, I was so busy "BS ing" with people I didn't take any photos

then I had a visitor in June (space reserved for 48D photo ;) ) Tim brought his new bride to Oregon ( I think it was just so he can reflect later and say "at least we don't live there :D )

was able to meet some guys at the BTT50's    post-6005-0-84744700-1471887105_thumb.jpg GGdad, John U post-6005-0-41960300-1471887109_thumb.jpg Brent and Young Ed and post-6005-0-63680700-1471887113_thumb.jpg ggdad, Mike B-1-D-116

EVEN was given a ride in FEF (that was Awesome!) post-6005-0-14187900-1471887112_thumb.jpg

this weekend capped off an unbelievable summer for me, made the drive to see DodgeB4YA and BIG RED post-6005-0-65934600-1471889293_thumb.jpgpost-6005-0-89834100-1471889291_thumb.jpg

EVEN was given a ride in BIG RED! (that was also Awesome!)

I am privileged and humbled by the hospitality and knowledge you folks give! Julie and I thank you for a great year! (hey I just noticed.... looks like I better change my shirt :lol: ) 

• Like 15

Thank Don for contributing, I have to admit I got the idea from you... and I am glad.

I hope this is a never ending thread, that means people are meeting each other..... and from what I have experienced, you won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

I've had the privilege of meeting many forum members but I'm bad at getting a group photo.

Aside from all of the guys I've met at Tim's BBQ's (not going to even try to name everyone, and forget some) I've met Don Coatney, Tim Adams (Plymouthy), Chris Bamfors (bamfordsgarage), and several others at Tim's place in GA.

I've had the pleasure of spending some time with the late Dave Erb (Greybeard).

On my trips to PA I've also met up with Alan Parkhurst (it appears that he's sold his trucks now) and Jim Roach.

I got to meet Jeff Balaz on a trip to SoCal once. That was a good visit, and I got to pack a generator in my suitcase for the trip home.

I've met up with the MN clan a few different times. (Mark (ggdads1951) YoungEd, Jeremiah (Ram Man 02), Dennis Sulivan, and others that I forget the names of.

Here's Ed and I with (help me out here Ed) Wayne(?) a.k.a. Daddyo23

P6201360.jpg

And, of course, there was the BTT50's trip. Too bad we didn't get Ed and his '46 in this picture too. 

Todd B's, Mark (ggdad1951), Me, and Ram Man 02 (Jeremiah)

406E610B-EF12-4E76-8A90-261807938E38_zps

Brad Schmidt and I at his place.

post-31-0-49637000-1471906733_thumb.jpg

Others in southern WI would include Bill (WIllis) Pingel, Tim (beyert99), and Josh (41/53 dodges). Some may recall the little gathering I had at my house a few years back with many of them listed here.

Todd B's telling a story like only he can, Brad Schmidt listening in, and Tim's wife (name escaped me) trying to stay warm.

null_zps093d82ad.jpg

And there's Tim too.

null_zpsa8b75a5e.jpg

There are probably others that I'm forgetting at the moment. But I must say that all were very positive experiences. I'm always amazed of the good friends I've made due to this forum.

Merle

Edited by Merle Coggins
  • Like 2

The lineup for the day......

Richie Hodge and the Hudson farthest away

Billy Austin and the taxi

Plymouthy Adams (Tim)  and the 54 Plymouth

Travis (my son) with my Sunbeam Tiger

Don Coatney and the race winning Blue Bomber

Jerry with the Plodge (Chris hates it being called a Plodge)

And Merle standing by his bike...

post-19-0-95503700-1471914008_thumb.jpg

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

Warning, be on the look out for these two rednecks post-6005-0-85314100-1471915724_thumb.jpg post-6005-0-31334900-1471914914_thumb.jpg 48Dodger and myself solving nothing but having fun doing it! :)

• Like 2

Half the fun of this hobby for me, is getting to meet the people who share the same passion.  

please feel free to add your photos of you and forum members you met to this thread (along with a classic)

this year I have been fortunate enough to do some traveling and meet and visit with some folks. it started in April at the BBQ in CA. unfortunately, I was so busy "BS ing" with people I didn't take any photos

then I had a visitor in June (space reserved for 48D photo ;) ) Tim brought his new bride to Oregon ( I think it was just so he can reflect later and say "at least we don't live there :D )

was able to meet some guys at the BTT50's    attachicon.gifBMNJ.JPG GGdad, John U attachicon.gifBNE.JPG Brent and Young Ed and attachicon.gifMMNB.JPG ggdad, Mike B-1-D-116

EVEN was given a ride in FEF (that was Awesome!) attachicon.gifGGDAD.JPG

this weekend capped off an unbelievable summer for me, made the drive to see DodgeB4YA and BIG RED attachicon.gifRNB (2).JPGattachicon.gifRNB (1).JPG

EVEN was given a ride in BIG RED! (that was also Awesome!)

I am privileged and humbled by the hospitality and knowledge you folks give! Julie and I thank you for a great year! (hey I just noticed.... looks like I better change my shirt :lol: ) 

I wondered when that Back to the 50s photo was going to make the forum. Wanted to see my new hat.....

Don did we take any pictures when you were on the trip in the D24? Pretty sure there is no evidence of the time you were up here for work and Carmon and I picked you up for dinner in her Golf!

• Like 1

I wondered when that Back to the 50s photo was going to make the forum. Wanted to see my new hat.....

Don did we take any pictures when you were on the trip in the D24? Pretty sure there is no evidence of the time you were up here for work and Carmon and I picked you up for dinner in her Golf!

Here is a link to day 8 of the D-24 trip. I don't have any pictures of when you and Carmon picked me up at the hotel and we went out to eat.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/DonCoatney/library/Billy%20Austin/day%208?sort=3&page=1

P9160019.jpg

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Road trip! with B1B Keven, (center) to Whidbey Island, WA

to meet Paul Hatfield (left)

PKB.JPG.70e37b5ee0c522a36a44368ac5837cdb.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

Hear no Evil, Speak no Evil and See no Evil

I'm sure I don't know to whom or WHAT your referring too......... I sure have a craving for a banana :huh: 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I like this thread....I know commenting on it will be bringing it back up top.

I need to get a new home computer so I can post pictures again.

Its hard to believe Norm and Dave Erb have passed......but its still nice to find

comments they've left on old threads. And, Its good to know stuff I write might still be

here to remind others just how much I love the old Dodge trucks.....

To all my friends who are feeling a little down, or not feeling as strong as they would like to be.....

just know, I value your friendship here, very much so, and will always be happy to prove to you, my truck is faster than yours.

I mean that, from the bottom of my heart.

48D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:18 AM, 48Dodger said:

just know, I value your friendship here, very much so, and will always be happy to prove to you, my truck is faster than yours.

I mean that, from the bottom of my heart.

48D

LOL, faster! I am happy to get them started and moving :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Geeze Don, always putting your guests to work in the garage! :)How did PA get invited to the table? 

Edited by Brent B3B